Thread: Ithaca 37 magazine tube feeding issues

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ithaca 37 magazine tube feeding issues

I bought a brand new Ithaca defense model 37 that came with a synthetic stock and forend. I replaced the synthetic furniture with wood furniture and have yet to fire this gun. Testing out all the functions of the gun I’m unable to put any shells into the chamber from the magazine tube. I gave it a closer look and it the shell stop does not depress when the action moved forward and back. I have to press down on the shell stop with my finger in order to release any shells from inside the magazine. Am I missing something here? Did I mess up the action after replacing the forend since the slide assembly has to be removed?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did it feed before you did the switch?

Have you taken it apart and put it back together again? That could rule out something not quite in place or gunk blocking movement of parts.

No experience with a 37, but the shell stop set up looks similar to a Mossberg pump so assuming a similar function. Is the shell stop getting pushed out of the way at all as the action moves to the rear or just not enough?

Not sure if it will help or not, but did a search for 37 theory of operation and found this.

https://friedfoo.wordpress.com/pract...del-specifics/
    Last edited by jsbhike; 02-04-22 at 21:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes it fed before I made the switch. And no, the shell stop is not out of the way when the action is pumped. I took the slide assembly off and put it back and same thing. Also waiting on a response from Ithaca.