Thread: Beretta 1301 2021+ model comparison (quick video).

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Beretta 1301 2021+ model comparison (quick video).

Hey guys,

Nothing fancy. My buddy Dan brought his new 1301 in and I do a once over comparing it to my modified older model. It looks like picking up the new model is a no-brainer. I personally disfavor the pistol grip but I just feel like I get better control without the grip. The newer model also isn't threaded for chokes (I wouldn't care).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I like the adjustable comb for optics, but also have no use for the pistol grip.
    I’ll keep my old model.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the comparison! I've shot thousands of rounds through shotguns with normal stocks my whole life, so i thought i wouldn't like the pistol grip that came on my 1301 LE, but i actually really like the feel of it. Probably just personal preference, but i feel like i have better control of the gun with it, and can maneuver the gun better during drills and reloads etc. I also like the adjustable cheek height, as i run my red dot on the stock rail, so it allows for adjustability.

I do wish the newer model had the ability to run chokes, but i mainly shoot Federal Flight Control 00 Buck, and it patterns very tight in my 1301, so the lack of chokes hasn't been an issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There are still models with a removable choke, if that is something you prefer.

Put me down on the side strongly disliking pistol grip stocks on a shotgun. I just don’t feel like I can control recoil as well.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It appears that some of them have chokes. My buddy's may be a LE model.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The recoil of those shotguns are so violent. I'll stick with my itty bitty .223 bullets.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    The recoil of those shotguns are so violent. I'll stick with my itty bitty .223 bullets.
    They do recoil hard, but it's easily manageable if you train with it. A shotgun is definitely not my go-to home defense gun (i have an 8" suppressed 300blk SBR for that), nor would i recommend one for HD to anyone, but man they hit hard on living things within 25 yards. You're basically putting eight or nine 9mm balls into a fist sized area with good 00buck, and the slugs punch big holes.

I think shotguns are fun, but i do prefer shooting 5.56 and think a good AR is a much better gunfighting tool for the vast majority of situations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I like the adjustable comb for optics, but also have no use for the pistol grip.
    I’ll keep my old model.
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I do wish the newer model had the ability to run chokes
    The LE model has a pistol grip stock, no choke...the standard Tactical has the regular stock and choke. I just bought the standard Tactical, and that was the only differences I could find. Both have the one-piece extended mag tube w/ cover.

Feedback Score
    16 (94%)
    I just picked up an LE model and it threaded for tubes, hate the stock. Picked up and OD set form a member now it feels right and looks pretty good.
    I don't care much for the plastic mag. extension but he Nordic Components won't work with the factory extended model.