Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag Pouches

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mag Pouches

I was going to set up a "tactical" belt, no molle, and was looking at two mag pouches. The G code soft bungee, and the Esstac Kywi. Anyone try these and why did you pick the one you did?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I went with the G-Code Soft Shell Scorpion mag pouches because of their ability to accept different magazines/items...AR, AK, .308 for rifle...TQ, handheld light, etc. for the pistol pouches. The material does not absorb water and attachment methods are nearly limitless.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve switched to almost entirely kywi’s. Love them. Way better than current production TACOs. No experience with the GCode.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I really like my Kywi's, they definitely do a great job, I went with them because they retain as well as re-index amazingly well. I would like to try the Tyr happy mag pouch, as I do shoot my AR10 more and more and that does look like it improves upon the HSGI taco.

For pistol mags, I would say that if you are running 19+ rds, to go with something at an angle like Esstac offers or I'm sure you can find a kydex offering somewhere. Moving around in awkward shooting positions and slamming a pistol mag endplate into your gut sucks, and if you're rocking a dad bod like me, that doesn't feel great.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 02-12-22 at 10:29.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thx guys. I should have mentioned I'm looking for pistol pouches right now, maybe AR pouch later.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have the kiwi double mag pouch on my run and gun belt. Get it with the space between them, makes grabbing the mags easier as they are not butted right up next to each other. You can adjust the tension on the mag pouch buy heating up the kydex insert with a hair drier and making it flatter or more bent. Did have the bungee cord style soft pouches for a while and just never could get the tension good. Too tight to hold mag and the pouch colapses on iteself when you try to reinsert. Too loose and they flop around or fall out. Very happy with my Esstec, plus they have good MIL/LEO discount and I am pretty sure they are made in my state so showing local workers some love.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 02-16-22 at 13:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KYWI's are excellent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    KYWI's are excellent.
    Agreed !!! much more 'snag proof' than the HSGI with all the strings hanging off of it.... cause if it can catch on something it will !

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm a KYWI fan. They are lower profile and less fussy to me than Tacos, Scorpions, and others that I've tried. All the others are fine, too, but I've been very pleased with Esstac. The plastic belt clips to attach the KYWIs to a regular belt work great, too.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I went with the Esstac's, between the two I liked the simplicity of Kywi's. The retention is a bit stout, so I'm going to work the kydex just a little. I got the double with the space between the pouches. If they work out well I'll probably score another. Thx for the comments.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast