Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: AAC is back!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Can’t you just unscrew it with the mount by not releasing the ratchet?
    good point, might take to the desert Saturday and try it for shits

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    My Ti-rant 9 with three lug, purchased over ten years ago was recently sent in for repair. It got shot a lot on a variety of MP5 hosts, mostly full auto. I decided to clean the three lug mount and take the baffles out. I couldn't remember the last time the suppressor was disassembled.
    The baffles would not come out except for the first stainless steel baffle. The aluminum baffles were melted together but with a clean line of sight. I was lucky there was not a baffle strike causing damage to the outer tube.
    Looked online, AAC would not cover a warranty on any product purchased prior to November 1, 2021. They were able to remove the damaged baffles, upgraded to all stainless steel baffles and back within a week.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    FYI, anyone needing service on AAC cans, they are open for business - I had a 51T ratchet latch that had become too worn down to solidly lock and they turned it around in about an hour from receipt of the suppressor.

Rep called to take payment after the repair was done and I had the tracking number emailed to me about an hour after that (since they are a new AAC, the old warranty doesn't cover older suppressors). All said I had it back in 3 days round trip. $100 including return shipping.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Some AAC ridiculousness from last weekend.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Old skool 18T mount?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Old skool 18T mount?
    Yep. That system actually still works pretty well.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Personally I've never had an issue with the 51T setup, mine locked up fine on multiple hosts over thousands of rounds, until the teeth wore down.

Going forward I will likely depress the latch to raise the teeth while putting the suppressor on to ensure they don't wear down as quickly (took 10+ years the first time). Honestly it worked fine until putting it on a brand new BO 2.0 mount where the teeth seemed especially sharp and that seemed to dull them just enough to start skipping. I used it as is for awhile (static shooting) with the suppressor HAD cover on tight and safety corded to the rifle. Never moved but it needed to be fixed. I wish they could sell the 51T latches, as I'm sure it's about a 5 min fix to pop out a pin, remove and replace the latch & spring.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Personally I've never had an issue with the 51T setup.
    Neither have we. Except when so much carbon builds up the mechanisms and teeth are clogged up.... just have to clean them up though

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345