Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'ALERT' ~ BEWARE OF BOTACH INC.

Feedback Score

'ALERT' ~ BEWARE OF BOTACH INC.

Good Morning Gents, I just wished to alert our Forum Members to my most recent interaction with Botach Company, who I do have to report that I've been dealing with now for some time. I have been advised by fellow Members, & or Friends that they were indeed not to be trusted, & sooner or later I would learn that lesson the hard way. Well, I regret to report that it did finally happen. Now it's not an huge issue, but IMHO, it was handled very poorly, therefore I personally will no longer deal with them whatsoever. I recently ordered 6x O/C Gas Cannisters, primarily for both my Family & my own personal use, as I am an firm believer in adherring to the 'Use Of Force Contium', in which one works their way up though the various levels, only resorting to the firearm when all the lesser levels have failed. The order was delivered relatively promptly, & all appeared well until I went to confirm either the Mfg. Date or Expiration Date, depending upon which the Company uses. All 6 were stamped as being of 2020 production, & unfortunately with out any designated month. OK, so we all know that all the major Brands adhere to the industry standard of approximately 5 year shelf life, although many times I've received only 4 years remaining on my orders, which I can live with. However, my Botach order was / is already tentatively 2 YEARS OLD, which in actuality means I paid full price for only 2 years of useful product ? Soooo, I contacted Botach's Customer Service, & they promptly replied advising me that I could return the items, although I would do so at my own expense ? Therefore, I'm now into them foe even more money, unless of course I just wish to accept the 2 year lifespan, when I've always gotten at least 4+ years minimum. Well, there it is, perhaps my misfortune can be someone's lesson ? If anyone happens to have any comments or input regarding this issue, please let me know. THANK YOU

Best regards, Dom Pastore Jr. / 'dpast32'

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They are a widely known risk on here.

Some do fine, others have issues. It’s a roll of the dice.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that happened.

I had a similar situation but it was 3 year old Trijicon night sights, that I bought from LA Police Gear. I ended up just keeping them but won't deal with them anymore.

Feedback Score
    Botach is great for clearance items and knick nacks. Everything else I've just read too many horror stories. Also, the Force continuum is not a ladder to be climbed. Instead it is an action/response chart. FYI.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I am an firm believer in adherring to the 'Use Of Force Contium', in which one works their way up though the various levels, only resorting to the firearm when all the lesser levels have failed.
    Yikes. I think you need to research that a bit more.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Oh yeah, they suck, don't use them.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered 3-OSS mounts from them, as they were listed as "In-stock." After a month of no updates, despite the shipping label being made same week as purchase, I finally got a hold of someone. For 2-weeks they said it was in process.

Eventually, a different person in the chain finally revealed the items were backordered. I canceled, and swore to never use them again.

Feedback Score
    This is a thread that circles back every year it seems. Do Not Do Business With Them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have heard of a million bad Botach stories, why anyone would do business with them, and then be surprised it was bad, is beyond me. They have a 1.64/5 stars from the BBB on 74 complaints.

Funny story though, my buddy ordered an OSS can through them years ago. They transferred him two OSS cans by mistake. When he called to tell them, they told him to keep the second can as it wasn't worth the hassle of getting it back. So, he bought another stamp and now has two OSS cans for the price of one. Probably the only person whose ever benefitted from Botach's nonsense.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Welcome to 1999!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast