Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig ROMEO2

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Sig ROMEO2

Sig released the ROMEO2, today. Here's a link to their website: https://www.sigsauer.com/romeo2-1x30-mm.html

Here's the youtube video of the Phil Strader introducing (it's been a long time coming) it:

I hope it is as good as it looks.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    This is a regular open RDS with a weather-sealed (but not N2 purged, of course) shroud that converts it into an enclosed RDS.
    I imagine Aaron Cowan from Sage Dynamics will be testing one real soon and it will be interesting to see what he has to say about it. I’d wonder since it is not N2 purged if lens fogging could be a problem in certain temperature situations.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Lipstick on a pig, prove me other wise. Seen SO many Romeo optics fail, they are the last I'd ever recommend.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig ROMEO2

Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Lipstick on a pig, prove me other wise. Seen SO many Romeo optics fail, they are the last I'd ever recommend.
    Aren’t the Romeo’s OEM’d by the oft touted Holosun?
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-16-22 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Aren’t the Romeo’s OEM’d by the oft touted Holosun?
    Someone once told me that they were produced by ITAC ( I think Bushnell as well), they're a NH firm, but has factories in China
    Last edited by Hank6046; 02-16-22 at 15:49.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Someone once told me that they were produced by ITAC ( I think Bushnell as well), their a NH firm, but has factories in China
    ITAC used to make lights for Sig years ago. But I'm almost absolutely certain that Sig's OEM for their red dots is Holosun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    ITAC used to make lights for Sig years ago. But I'm almost absolutely certain that Sig's OEM for their red dots is Holosun.
    interesting, I didn't know Sig had gone that route
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    My understanding is that they have multiple sources. The cheaper ones are made by holosun but others are made here in the US.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    My understanding is that they have multiple sources. The cheaper ones are made by holosun but others are made here in the US.
    I think that's exactly right. But I strongly suspect that though the higher end ones are assembled here, the guts come from Holosun.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have had good luck with my Sig handguns, but I buy time tested 226, 229 X5 Legions and they run and shoot great. But the Romeo oh Romeo's have been hit or miss and my legions all have different optics now. I have very little faith in their handgun optics. I think their Romeo 5 (T1 knockoff) is a great cheap optic.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast