Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig ROMEO2

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Aren’t the Romeo’s OEM’d by the oft touted Holosun?
    I suspect that this is like barrels. Just because FN makes 249s and also precision rifles and PSA gets some of their barrels from FN, doesn’t mean every barrel PSA sells shoots half a minute for 20,000 rounds and the only place they get any of them is FN. I wouldn’t automatically assume a Sig optic is equivalent to a Holosun, regardless of who makes them. I also wouldn’t assume that everything Holosun makes is good.

Maybe this will be great. Maybe not.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    If I recall correctly, Aaron Cowan stated that he has toured their facility in Oregon where these are assembled. I'm sure all of the parts are not sourced from the US, but he said they're at least assembled here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Aren’t the Romeo’s OEM’d by the oft touted Holosun?
    No. Not at all.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Lipstick on a pig, prove me other wise. Seen SO many Romeo optics fail, they are the last I'd ever recommend.
    That's funny....the last class I was at (January), we had two Holosuns go down...and none of the SIG Romeo 1 Pros. Huh.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    ITAC used to make lights for Sig years ago. But I'm almost absolutely certain that Sig's OEM for their red dots is Holosun.
    Nope.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mac View Post
    That's funny....the last class I was at (January), we had two Holosuns go down...and none of the SIG Romeo 1 Pros. Huh.
    That's cool.

I'm an armorer for an agency that's almost 75 percent P320/Romeo. The amount of Romeos we've had shit the bed is shocking. I've been beating the piss out of RMRs, Holosun, and now the MPS, and have never seen one hiccup similar to what a Romeo displays. Garbage optic, and if I had my way, they'd be banned at my department.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yeah, I disagree that the Romeo is as durable as a RMR or Holosun. I’m at classes of some sort pretty frequently.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    MAP on this thing is $600. What's the appeal when it costs Acro money? How does it compete with the 509T and Steiner MPS that are both cheaper and more proven?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I see SIG couldn’t decide what to make and instead tout modularity/options with all the pieces they have with this thing.

I’m sure there will a Gen2 or upgrade version in less than 12 months, which has become SIG modus operandi’….

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    That's cool.

I'm an armorer for an agency that's almost 75 percent P320/Romeo. The amount of Romeos we've had shit the bed is shocking. I've been beating the piss out of RMRs, Holosun, and now the MPS, and have never seen one hiccup similar to what a Romeo displays. Garbage optic, and if I had my way, they'd be banned at my department.
    Is that experience limited to RMR’s or inclusive of RDS?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast