Thread: Hunting

Feedback Score

Hunting

What should I pack for back country elk hunting?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Oh my. Where are you going to be, weather, presume you are carrying tent and food? Have a buddy with you?

Rokslide.com is a great resource. Bunch of hard core backcountry guys over there. Some of them have spent years if not decades refining their pack

Feedback Score
    Welcome to M4carbine, looks like you're brand new here. This is a great forum for gun info, but not sure this is the best forum to get answers to a very vague question like that...

Jimin gave good info about Rokslide, which might be a better forum for your question. I'm a big elk hunter, but really hard to answer your question without more info. What state are you hunting, how many days do you plan on being gone, how far do you plan to hike in, are you going alone, how do you plan on getting an elk out, etc. This is all relevant info that would help you get a better answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Rokslide.com is a great resource.
    Thanks for this
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”