Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REIN, vs OKW, VS malkoff hyper throw

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)

REIN, vs OKW, VS malkoff hyper throw

Getting ready to get a light for a 16" patrol rifle, the base gun is currently set up for 0-500 yards with an lpvo, I've reax the reviews and specs on all of them and they're all solid just can't decide which one would be best for a patrol / recce rifle. Any input is appreciated

TIA

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The Malkoff uses 123 batteries while the other two use 18350/18650, therefore, IMO are a different class of light.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The Malkoff uses 123 batteries while the other two use 18350/18650, therefore, IMO are a different class of light.
    He's right, definitely different classes of light being discussed here.

I bought the mini Rein for my MCX, and I am so impressed with it I might put CD lights on all my guns now. If you're in the market for one, they are currently making all of their Rein line smaller and more compact now, which would be my only minor knock on the one that I own. It's large. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yeah I agree with the different classes of light, mainly wondering if there are any advantages to the hyper throw over the others, i know the modlight and CD lights are in a whole different class of themselves with candela and batteries. If CD is making their lights smaller thats a plus, although the proprietary tailcap switch is a downside as I'll be running it in conjuction with an atpial so I'd like to be able to use a taps pressure pad, but thats not a dealbreaker of it performs better than a modlight

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danieljmaunder View Post
    mainly wondering if there are any advantages to the hyper throw over the others,
    Its smaller and lighter in comparison to 18650 lights. Its more durable and has a much better beam (IMO) than most other 123 lights for pushing past CQB distance.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I would say to evaluate your requirements.

Is battery commonality important with other systems? What battery do they use if so?

Is weight a major factor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The Malkoff heads can be ran with either 123s or 16xxx rechargeables, and he offers a couple heads that run on the 18xxx batteries. I run 16650s in mine and they perform very well.

I would skip the hyper throw and get the E2XT. That 55,000 candela is really nice.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 02-17-22 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    If CD is making their lights smaller thats a plus, although the proprietary tailcap switch is a downside as I'll be running it in conjuction with an atpial so I'd like to be able to use a taps pressure pad, but thats not a dealbreaker of it performs better than a modlight
    CD is also making dual lead switches soon, they've announced that they're coming.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Weight is not so much of a factor, battery commonality is definitely a plus, gonna have an atpial on the gun as well, of the malkoff heads run of 16650's then I might go with that so I can run either battery situation dependant.

Feedback Score
    Weight is not so much of a factor, battery commonality is definitely a plus, gonna have an atpial on the gun as well, of the malkoff heads run of 16650's then I might go with that so I can run either battery situation dependant.
    Modlite makes Duel Fuel OKW heads: https://modlite.com/products/modlite...uel-light-head
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast