Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REIN, vs OKW, VS malkoff hyper throw

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I wonder why they don't make PLHv2 dual fuel heads. That's too bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Im pretty impressed with a few newer lights I've recently acquired, Im even more impressed with my updated L2!
    I have a full size rein, E2XTL on an Arisaka body, a M600df, HLX, and a Sky lumens updated Solarforce L2.
    @ 1100 lumens, and 71kcd, the L2 outperforms them all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Double post
    Last edited by camoman; 05-02-22 at 09:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It looks like there are a couple new competitors in the candela race. Modlite has the HOG shown on their website, a new body that uses 21700 batteries and an enlarged head. It's available in a PLHv2 version with 120,000 candela, or as an OKW with 170,000.

It's only available in handheld form at the moment, but it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a mounting solution for its 1.5" diameter body. The specs state it's fully potted, so it should tolerate recoil as well as any other weaponlight.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    It looks like there are a couple new competitors in the candela race. Modlite has the HOG shown on their website, a new body that uses 21700 batteries and an enlarged head. It's available in a PLHv2 version with 120,000 candela, or as an OKW with 170,000.

It's only available in handheld form at the moment, but it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a mounting solution for its 1.5" diameter body. The specs state it's fully potted, so it should tolerate recoil as well as any other weaponlight.
    I had a chance to check out Steve Fisher's at his shotgun LL class last month, it is a very serious light. A little large for I'd consider an EDC light though.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can comfortably carry an Elzetta Bravo with AVS head when I'm wearing loose fitting cargo shorts, but definitely not with jeans or dockers.

None of the light heads mentioned in this thread would make for a very good EDC tool. For specialized long range use from a small form factor, they excel. I don't carry 2 full sized lights, but having one in a laptop bag or vehicle would make it accessible when it would generally be needed.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Agreed, the hog would be fantastic for a duty belt application or vehicle based, for every day carry I've been using a surefire stiletto with larger lights being in bags/vehicles etc. . I ended up going with rein 2.0's on my long guns, although an upgrade to the 3.0 duel fuel migbt be in the cards soon. I tried the new turbo surefire and they just don't have enough spill for my needs on rifle lights.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

REIN, vs OKW, VS malkoff hyper throw

Old thread but wanted to add some information:

I say Malkoff, here is why.

Modularity!

I have this hyper throw head on my 16” AR, however I have four or more heads that all fit on a regular Surefire E2 or E1 body. It’s nice being able to swap heads from my EDC pocket light and any head needed.

Regular EDC is a 3/way L,M,H, warm basic head, However I have others if needed.

The fact you can swap on any Surefire heads also makes it a no brained for me.

If your needs arise you can swap on a Surefire head with different primary and IR changeable heads too. That is just awesome compared to years ago.
    Last edited by Greenbean; 04-05-23 at 00:21.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12