Thread: Kentucky Ballistics

Feedback Score

Kentucky Ballistics

My 50 cal exploded … again

https://youtu.be/hsw70VfSFFw

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Scratching my head on this guy.

1st Video: I shot a round not designed for this kind of rifle, it blew up and almost killed me.

2nd Video: Let's continue to shoot more rounds not designed for this type of rifle and watch it blow up again, this time I am behind cover.

What's next? Douse yourself in gasoline then light up a cigarette?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE31 View Post
    Scratching my head on this guy.

1st Video: I shot a round not designed for this kind of rifle, it blew up and almost killed me.

2nd Video: Let's continue to shoot more rounds not designed for this type of rifle and watch it blow up again, this time I am behind cover.

What's next? Douse yourself in gasoline then light up a cigarette?
    Not defending this guy or his actions, but I believe that he mentions in both videos that the rifle and barrel were set up by Serbu to accommodate those slap rounds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Obviously Serbu screwed up or the round was over charged. Either way it reminds me of the old saying...Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    If it was me, I would never screw around with that rifle or said rounds ever again.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ACE31 View Post
    Obviously Serbu screwed up or the round was over charged. Either way it reminds me of the old saying...Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
    If it was me, I would never screw around with that rifle or said rounds ever again.
    The video claims the last round fired from the second gun was deliberately loaded to produce 190,000 PSI, which is just shy of 3.5 times the 50 BMG's normal operating pressure. He claimed that is the pressure required for the first gun to fail as it did. Maybe any .50 BMG rifle would grenade at that pressure. IMHO he didn't do Serbu any favors.

Andy

Feedback Score
    He blames the ammo to run cover for the rifle that's really a pipe bomb with a trigger.