Thread: First Build, Check my Math?

Feedback Score

First Build, Check my Math?

Hello, starting on my first build and I would like something close to the NSW Recce Rifle with my own twist with an emphasis on being lighter. I was wondering this this setup would work? I am trying to get it as short as possible without paperwork.

BCM Upper Receiver
    Criterion Core 13.9 Barrel
    Surefire Warcomp
    BCM QRF12 Handguard
    Surefire RC2

My concern is how far over or behind the end of the flash hider then supressor would overlap and how close it would get to the end of my handguard. I own the handguard already and love it so I’d like to stick with it but haven’t received my barrel yet (on order). So if I had to change out to 14.5 I would but would rather not for aesthetic reasons obviously. Thanks for the help!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Should be fine. A 14" barrel+MCMR-13+Warcomp combo works, so you should have room with the 12" handguard.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    As a general rule of thumb, a handguard 1" shorter than the barrel will be the max length without going over the MD. Examples: 15" handguard on a 16" barrel, 13.5" on a 14.5" barrel, 10.5" on a 11.5" etc.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    As a general rule of thumb, a handguard 1" shorter than the barrel will be the max length without going over the MD. Examples: 15" handguard on a 16" barrel, 13.5" on a 14.5" barrel, 10.5" on a 11.5" etc.
    This exactly.

Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks guys! I should have about 1/3” between the flash hider and handguard then I guess that will work out great! Appreciate the help.