Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56 rounds working in .300 BLK mags?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    I apologize if I didn’t ask my question correctly. I just wanted to know if 5.56 rounds work in .300 BLK magazines, NOT if .300 BLK works in 5.56 magazines. For instance if only .300 BLK magazines were in stock for purchase and someone with only 5.56 ammo needed magazines.
    .Yes.

Feedback Score
    I've never had an issue with them feeding from either magazine. I did however buy a couple dozen 300 BLK PMAGS to help ensure I don't ever get the ammo mixed up between the two.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    I apologize if I didn’t ask my question correctly. I just wanted to know if 5.56 rounds work in .300 BLK magazines, NOT if .300 BLK works in 5.56 magazines. For instance if only .300 BLK magazines were in stock for purchase and someone with only 5.56 ammo needed magazines.
    You asked fine, the answer is yes they will work. That doesn’t mean they are going to be 100% as reliable, and the idea of mixing mags and ammo is horrific, but that isn’t what you asked about.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    can confirm, 300 blackout mags should run fine. I have a couple kicking around somewhere.

NOTE, I no longer have a 300 blackout so I do not pay attention to the caliber marked follower and base plate. So they are mixed in my range bag of mags. no one else i know has a 300 either. so no risk of blowing up.

Feedback Score
    No apology needed, we understood you. In regards to Stickman's last reply, my sentiments exactly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12