Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grenadier SUV

Feedback Score

Grenadier SUV

I think we talked about this before. Hoping they keep it simple and cheap(ish). Cheap is so relative nowadays. The video below guy thinks that it will be $55k- he’s dreaming. The average car is $45k now, this will easily get to be double.

I’m in, fully refundable deposit. Looking for a new car in about 18 months.

What you expect, body on frame, solid axles, locking diffs. Cool interior.

The manufacturer guy said that they are skipping the electronic crap, like self parking…

Dig the aircraft style switches.

If a Landrover screwed a BMW, while thinking of a G-wagon, while flipping the bird at a Jeep…

The center info instrument cluster is…. Sold well as a positive….
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 02-20-22 at 21:22.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Staring either at $64,000 possibly $84,500 plus
    Likely more.

Feedback Score
    I have been watching the progress of the Grenadier and really want them to successful beyond their wildest dream.

I admire your guts putting down a deposit at this time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have been watching the progress of the Grenadier and really want them to successful beyond their wildest dream.

I admire your guts putting down a deposit at this time.
    Says it is fully refundable. Will just use it for a 22lr order if it doesn’t pan out

It is pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for. Under $80k and it makes ‘sense’. Compared to an East Coast Rover D110, its ‘cheap’? Colorado is the perfect place for it. It fits my time line.

Frankly, I’m REALLY liking the roll back roof on my son’s Jeep unlimited. Probably the right solution between soft and hard top for 90% of people. A Jeep 392 Rubi would be INSANE and probably about this same amount of money.

Not that I had the money back in 1993, but when LR brought the Defender 110s in 1993- well compare what that used 110 sells for compared what a 1993 Grand Cherokee sells for…. Or I didn’t get a last of the real Grand Wagoneers…. Plus it sounds like this could be my ‘forever’ truck. It will probably be one of the last gas powered, body on frame, solid a axle trucks designed, if not built.

They call Ineos an ‘oil&gas’ company, but I think of them more as a chemical company. Good ChemE’s never say ‘No’, they just engineer it right and it will work out in the long term. That and project management. So hopefully they have the institutional umpf to pull it off. THey sound like they have good design and fab partners, they bought an auto plant, so I’d say that they are ‘invested’, literally…

Haven’t made a bone head decision in a few years. Haven’t bought a new car since 2003- just low mileage used ones off of family who tired of them- so I’m due a ‘flier’.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Love the choice of motor, locking center diff, the looks and the concept as a whole.

I will also be looking for a new vehicle in 18-24 months and will be watching this with interest. It may be the only thing to get me to have my Cybertruck deposit refunded.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope that thing makes it. It looks awesome
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ugh, I couldn't get through that video. Anybody able to tell me what the engine and trans is?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Ugh, I couldn't get through that video. Anybody able to tell me what the engine and trans is?

Engine is a Bimmer 6, not sure about the trans.

This thing will cost a fortune.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post

BMW 58, straight-six 3.0L turbo. Auto trans

Feedback Score
    BMW engine….. yeah.

Run away. It will turn into a steaming lump of dog shit promptly upon warranty expiration.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast