Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Grenadier SUV

Feedback Score
    Yep. The GX550 Overtrail looks great.

Feedback Score

An in depth tour of the underside of the IG. Seems to know what he is talking about, I'm not sure on his point of reference, but it is definiately the most in-depth look I've seen. Mostly positive. Be prepared to hear the word 'Beefy' about a hundred times...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Grenadier looks like a great vehicle for the guy with a 12-car garage living on a mountain ranch. For those needing to navigate on an asphalt road now and then... maybe not the ideal vehicle.

This is hard work. It’s dark, the roads are wet and I’m hacking away at the steering wheel, fully focused, my gaze locked onto the white lines. It’s been quite a while since I’ve driven something that requires this much mental capacity to drive in a straight line; it’s reminiscent of my 1972 Alfa Giulia before I replaced its worn steering box. The trouble is, the Ineos Grenadier wasn’t built 50 years ago: it’s a car designed and engineered for today, and one that costs an awful lot of money. From this first impression, it simply isn’t good enough.

More here: https://www.evo.co.uk/suvs/206286/in...mpy%20surfaces.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Grenadier looks like a great vehicle for the guy with a 12-car garage living on a mountain ranch. For those needing to navigate on an asphalt road now and then... maybe not the ideal vehicle.

This is hard work. It’s dark, the roads are wet and I’m hacking away at the steering wheel, fully focused, my gaze locked onto the white lines. It’s been quite a while since I’ve driven something that requires this much mental capacity to drive in a straight line; it’s reminiscent of my 1972 Alfa Giulia before I replaced its worn steering box. The trouble is, the Ineos Grenadier wasn’t built 50 years ago: it’s a car designed and engineered for today, and one that costs an awful lot of money. From this first impression, it simply isn’t good enough.

More here: https://www.evo.co.uk/suvs/206286/in...mpy%20surfaces.
    I've driven it twice, and I don't know what the heck these people are talking about with the steering. It feels different, but if no one had said anything, I'm not sure I would have even noticed. I do notice that he is driving a test mule version, which is odd since the date-line on the article it is from Late last year. Production models had been out in the EU for months by then. I know the interior had a bunch of 3D printed parts on the test mules, and some of the parts weren't up to production standards. I also don't think that Land Rovers with similar kit are that much cheaper- though I have a hard time navigating their build configurator. The LR V8 does sound sweet though. The LR defender gets above $100k pretty quick when you add cool stuff (that isn't available on other 4x4s.).

And the garage issue isn't the number of stalls, it's more that in stock config it is about 80 inches tall, not leaving much room for mods with a standard 7 foot garage door.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The steering complaints I have seen in reviews revolve around the steering rack not self centering when steering inputs aren’t being made. So turning the wheel and relaxing the steering input the wheel just stays put in the orientation of a turn from center.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    The steering complaints I have seen in reviews revolve around the steering rack not self centering when steering inputs aren’t being made. So turning the wheel and relaxing the steering input the wheel just stays put in the orientation of a turn from center.
    I guess I'll have a better feel for it in 36 hours, but when I drove it on the road for a 20 min test drive it didn't have this dead feeling. I even had the wheel in a turn and let it go and it did move towards center. It's not like its a roulette wheel that just spins by itself. I guess for those drivers that get into a turn and then let go and have the car come back to central might have a problem. I beat that out of my kids pretty fast when i taught them how to drive.

No, it's not rational choice. I've only made rational choices in my life and missed out of things because of it, and also that put me in a place where I can take a flier. I've bought one new car this century, drive a 10 year old one now. Maybe it will be a 1993 LR NAS Defender 110. Maybe it will be a Allante. Who knows.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I don’t let go of steering wheels either to allow self centering of steering. Probably wouldn’t bother me much like it probably won’t bother you.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No, thank you !

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've seen one of these running around local to me in the last couple weeks. When I first saw it, I initially assumed it was a Land Rover that had been imported then restored/upgraded, but something felt "off" about what I was looking at. It took me a moment to realize it was left hand drive and had modern LED headlights/taillights. It's a good looking vehicle for sure.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456