Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Bang for the Buck?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    They're gtg. Aero / BA. I have a few of the even cheaper BA Modern series which have been just fine. Have 2 Faxon which are gtg. Finishes and specs can differ; tube length of carbine vs middy, etc. I personally wouldn't get too caught up in all that but tons of data is there if you choose to drive yourself mad. Whatcha cooking today?
    Thanks.
    No cooking today or for awhile as I had shoulder surgery today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BA makes a great barrel. I have an 18" and like it alot. Meets their accuracy guarantee.

So does DSArms. Here's one:

https://www.dsarms.com/p-11688-dsa-a...ght-tower.aspx

Like everyone, they're in and out of stock, so have to keep watching. Buddy of mine has one of those (a 14.5), and the gun runs great, good accuracy for a rack grade chrome lined. It shoots 1 MOA with match grade stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChileRelleno View Post
    Thanks.
    No cooking today or for awhile as I had shoulder surgery today.
    Gotcha. Speedy recovery and source you some alternative comfort food.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Aero isn't bad but for similar money could get a Colt barrel.

https://charliescustomclones.com/col...mbly-with-fsb/

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I see this is still available. It seems like a very good deal for a Colt barrel, surprised it's still in stock. Is it because it's a 16" carbine length gas, or is it Charlie's?

Feedback Score
    Brownell's had these Colt barrels too and at the higher price point, sold out and awaiting restock.
    So I'd guess it's Charlie's.
    Heck, after reading here and elsewhere, I'm not chancing it with them.
    Last edited by ChileRelleno; 02-28-22 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    My son-in-law has wanted me to help build him his first AR. He wanted a barrel with a FSB, but after weighing the pros & cons of a 14.5" pin and weld, he didn't want to use one of the MMC barrels that I have. The Colt barrel was still available at Charlie's, and I got a $10.00 coupon & free shipping so I figured I'd take a chance. Ordered it on the 15th and got it today. Brand new barrel in vapor bag, so I guess you can call this a win. Charlie's does keep you updated frequently on the status of your order, so all in all it was a good experience for a 1st time buy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcatdriver View Post
    My son-in-law has wanted me to help build him his first AR. He wanted a barrel with a FSB, but after weighing the pros & cons of a 14.5" pin and weld, he didn't want to use one of the MMC barrels that I have. The Colt barrel was still available at Charlie's, and I got a $10.00 coupon & free shipping so I figured I'd take a chance. Ordered it on the 15th and got it today. Brand new barrel in vapor bag, so I guess you can call this a win. Charlie's does keep you updated frequently on the status of your order, so all in all it was a good experience for a 1st time buy.
    Thanks for coming back with your experience.
    I bet Charlie's gets a few more orders on these now.
    Last edited by ChileRelleno; 07-10-23 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChileRelleno View Post
    Looking to replace a 13yr'ol barrel that I've finally shot out.
    Original is a 16" 5.56 w/pinned FSB, 1:9, carbine barrel, that I want to replace with either a 1:7 or 1:8, 16" 5.56 w/pinned FSB, carbine.
    My 6721 barrels are 16", 5.56, 1:9 carbine barrels.

No damn way I would trade one for another gov profile 6920 barrel. Hell no...

Feedback Score
    I ordered a colt barrel from Charlie’s a couple years ago it was shipped within a day or two and it was just as advertised.... a genuine colt barrel I wouldn’t hesitate to use them again if I liked the price but that’s just my one experience with them

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Brownells have Colt barrels in stock. Slightly pricey but they’re good barrels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12