I finally have my 7.62x51 Galil Ace factory SBR out of jail.

As far as feel goes, it feels pretty much the same as my other Galil Ace SBR's except that it's a little heavier and the barrel is longer. I put 60rds through it yesterday starting with 20rds of of surplus '85 Radway Green 7.62x51 FMJ through a Hex magazine. It kicks pretty hard, is very loud and the percussion is pretty substantial. All 20rds functioned 100% though I did notice that the ejection was weak compared to my other Aces which seem to toss spent cases in to orbit (except for the 5.45x39 SBR which is gassed perfectly). Next I fired 20rds of Federal Lake City FMJ through the factory Magpul magazine. Ejection seemed even weaker and there was one stovepipe on a spent case. On the plus side, the reloadable LC cases were hardly dinged at all, so I'll be able to reload them. I finished up with 20rds more of '85 Radway Green FMJ through a D&H metal magazine. It functioned 100%. I'll try some of my other 7.62x51 FMJ through it to see if the LC ammunition is just weak or if perhaps the rifle is a bit under gassed.

I love the factory iron sights on the gen 1 Aces, but I do need to find an optic. I'll probably just go with a Mepro M21.