Thread: VIKTOS Jackets & Outerwear

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

VIKTOS Jackets & Outerwear

Sooo, long time Arcteryx junkie, however my income hasn't been able to keep up with there pricing. The last jacket I purchased was a Wild Thing (WT) Low Loft Jacket, unfortunately it suffered from some poor workmanship and incomplete sewing. All that fell on "deaf ears" at the company level & they suggested I use a "third party" repair service at my own cost? No Thanks.

So circling back, I'm looking for some opinions/experience with the VIKTOS brand product, the company is veteran owned and the prices are modest. How's sizing? fit & finish and of course quality? I tend to like to layer my jackets due to the extreme cold here up north. Thanks troops and any/all suggestions are appreciated or other options?
    Last edited by mildot; 02-28-22 at 18:00.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Sooo, long time Arcteryx junkie, however my income hasn't been able to keep up with there pricing. The last jacket I purchased was a Wild Thing (WT) Low Loft Jacket, unfortunately it suffered from some poor workmanship and incomplete sewing. All that fell on "deaf ears" at the company level & they suggested I use a "third party" repair service at my own cost? No Thanks.

So circling back, I'm looking for some opinions/experience with the VIKTOS brand product, the company is veteran owned and the prices are modest. How's sizing? fit & finish and of course quality? I tend to like to layer my jackets due to the extreme cold here up north. Thanks troops and any/all suggestions are appreciated or other options?
    So Viktos is pretty much down the road from me. I have been in the same circles as the people working there, and while I have a hoodie and a few t-shirts, I would put them more as a lifestyle brand vs hard-use gear outfitter. Their quality is decent and I have actually heard a good amount of people who love their training/ tennis shoes, but I don't know if I would call them a Arcteryx replacement. I do a good amount of hunting and most of my camo, layering gear is hunting brands, Kuiu, Sitka, Duck Camp or just Cabelas, which for the money is actually pretty decent, but they can certainly get pricy, I like a lot of what Beyond offers however, I really never find what I'm looking for instock. I'm sure that their are others I am missing. I really like my Kuiu jackets as they deal with 20 degree hikes quite often and really do a great job of warmth, mobility and weight. Over all, I guess I don't know if I would point you to Viktos, but there is so much out there now, I'm sure you can find what your looking for.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't have any input on viktos. I'm an arcteryx junkie also but I'll second Kuiu. I've been very happy with the kuiu products I've used . I've tried a couple pieces from FirstLite and they seem fine so far. Not sure how either of those compare to Viktor on price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I really like my Kuiu jackets as they deal with 20 degree hikes quite often and really do a great job of warmth, mobility and weight. Over all, I guess I don't know if I would point you to Viktos, but there is so much out there now, I'm sure you can find what your looking for.
    I'm in the process of "re-activating" my Kuiu account. How does the sizing run? I'm older and have a bit of a gut, LOL. I always liked there camo. Thanks BTW. I'm looking for something right now without a hood? any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I don't have experience with their upper body apparel, but I do wear their Operatus XP jeans regularly, and love them. They're sized a bit large in the waist, but fit great otherwise. I normally wear a 33/34 or 34/34, but I wear 32/34 in their stuff. They're super comfortable, flexible, and hold up well, just don't wash them in hot water, cause they will shrink a bit if you do.

Feedback Score
    I'm in the process of "re-activating" my Kuiu account. How does the sizing run? I'm older and have a bit of a gut, LOL. I always liked there camo. Thanks BTW. I'm looking for something right now without a hood? any recommendations?
    I'm 5'9" with a gut and run a large, it fits just like my Colombia softshell. I have their Guide Jacket in a coyote brown, back in January my son and I took the dog for a little hike and we had mini blizzard of hail half way through with 40 mile wind gusts. Ended up giving my son my fleece beanie because the target brand one did nothing to keep his head warm, and the hood of the jacket kept the wind out until we got on the down slope and into the trees. That jacket kept me warm and dry. I also have a half zip pull over that is a great base layer, I've worn it to yoga, late May early June fishing, and it does a good job. You'd have to check their catalog for what you want, I try to get a hood with my jackets because its a nice plus up for hat or beanie.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I don't have experience with Viktos, but i do abuse a lot of outdoor clothing pretty hard (on a very active Utah Search and Rescue team, and hunt/camp/fish/ride constantly). Obviously I love my Arc Teryx and Sikta gear, but i have also found that Black Diamond gear holds up really well to a lot of abuse, and is more budget friendly than Arc Teryx. Might be worth looking into, unless you're looking for camo patterned clothing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any "end users" using the KIUI guide all season soft shell? I just managed to get my account reactivated and I'm looking at some of there jackets? How's the sizing? I like to layer so the "bigger" the better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any "end users" using the KIUI guide all season soft shell? I just managed to get my account reactivated and I'm looking at some of there jackets? How's the sizing? I like to layer so the "bigger" the better.
    My experience with Kuiu in general is that it is undersized compared to other brands (Arc, Beyond, Patagonia). More consistent with Black Diamond.

Again, that's in general - there may be exceptions.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I "jumped in with both feet" and ordered the KENAI jacket, hoping its good to go? More to follow. Cheers and thanks troops!