Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tactical vest options?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Honestly, I personally would not consider anything under 200 USD a plate, simply because I personally find them too thick and heavy when ceramic, and simply unacceptable when alloy. This is because I prioritize mobility and comfort over raw protection, because those things keep you moving, which I have been taught to be a much more important factor as dismounts than raw coverage and levels of protection. Again, I'll stress, the vast majority of the cheap Level IVs on the market will catch bullets just fine, I just personally assess their impact to my performance to be unacceptable. When I bought my own plates, I specifically prioritized weight and size, and bought the AT Armor STOP-BZs, which will stop various smaller calibers, including M855A1 and 7.62×39mm API, but would not properly defeat M80, simply due to the fact that it's so thin and lightweight that while the bullet is unlikely to penetrate, it would create enough BFD to considered a fail.

It is in that context that I would first suggest the Hesco M210, even though it does not stop .308 Win/7.62×51mm.

However, if you must have that level of protection, I would suggest looking at the RMA #1091-1094 (different model numbers for different sizes) or perhaps the Hesco 3410.
    I appreciate your input and definitely get your points. All 100% valid. Now I am rethinking everything lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    I appreciate your input and definitely get your points. All 100% valid. Now I am rethinking everything lol
    The Hesco L210’s are on sale at a lot of places right now for under $400. I have a pair for the fact that like posted above, I’m more concerned with weight and maneuverability in the face of calibers I’m most likely to encounter. There are definitely lighter, stronger options out there, but I already spend to much money on things I’ll probably never need.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Went with Condor plate carrier & RMA #1155 plate. Plate hasn't arrived yet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    To the OP: If money is no object my dream plates are Shot Stop GT2's. If money is tight the LAPG or BOTACH plates are both good ballistic protection at a very reasonable cost.
    This thread goes over the issues of LAPG plates, I still own some, but they have been relegated to my old plate carrier, I ponied up and bought hescos

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...c-armor-plates
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234