Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Basic Budget IIIA Helmet?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Super...

Thorfinn is now sold out (!). Do you guys have other ideas about where I could pick up a surplus PASGT on the cheap?

As for the weight and reduced visability... I commuted on a motorcycle for years and wore a full-face helmet every day. I grew accustomed to it.

I figure if I really think that there's a chance that somebody might shoot at me, then I won't mind the weight or inconvenience.
    https://www.armynavywarehouse.com/pr...-combat-helmet

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...used?a=2208190

https://www.rddusa.com/shop/g-i-isra...vlar-helmet-2/

https://www.budk.com/NATO-Kevlar-Hel...ondition-42931

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by czgunner; 03-03-22 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd say skip the crappy PASGT, look for a surplus ACH. Much better all around.

They pop up here and there. Scout the sites and the classifieds here and elsewhere, you'll find one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I'd say skip the crappy PASGT, look for a surplus ACH.
    This makes sense...

A decent PASGT is going to run me at least $75, and I can get an ACH for less than double that...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And ACH weighs less, and has WAY better suspension. No comparison.

I used to wear a K-pot for a living, the ACH I have now is so much better. Massive improvement.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I used to wear a K-pot for a living, the ACH I have now is so much better. Massive improvement.
    Absolutely. The PASGT sucks to wear. I'd love to get something lighter, but haven't seen anything that's a fair deal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Absolutely. The PASGT sucks to wear. I'd love to get something lighter, but haven't seen anything that's a fair deal.

Well, a low-ball bid on eBay just got me a PASGT for $76.50, shipped, so I guess I'll try that.

I'll keep an eye out for an ACH. I can't seem to find one for <$200. Several that were less were clearly PASGTs and not ACHs...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've always liked the PASGT profile because it seems to have more coverage than these newer designs. If you modernize the suspension, you don't have a bad bucket.

My son has a MICH or ACH, and it's nice too. I have a PAGST style L.E. kevlar with updated suspension, and I'm fine with it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've always liked the PASGT profile because it seems to have more coverage than these newer designs. If you modernize the suspension, you don't have a bad bucket.

My son has a MICH or ACH, and it's nice too. I have a PAGST style L.E. kevlar with updated suspension, and I'm fine with it.
    A friend gave me an as new pasgt after his scenic tour of East Timor years ago. The Oregon aero upgrade gave an old bucket new life.

- Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    The Oregon aero upgrade gave an old bucket new life.
    That looks good. I'm going see if that would be doable for mine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That looks good. I'm going see if that would be doable for mine.
    At the time, the khaki chinstrap set was half the cost of the black or green set. I think I paid about $70 for it.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast