Thread: ACOG fest Sunday

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

ACOG fest Sunday

Mark got a new COG and got us going COG crazy. I grabbed my 14.5 Noveske / BCM with ACOG and my MWS 16' CL with 3.5X ACOG and slapped some steel. The infamous MWS shot a nice MOA group with cheap Outback ammo and 3.5X scope. Slapped steel to 750 and had big fun.

Might try some good ammo and see how the MWS does next week with COG. We managed to get out to the ranch with none of our 77g H322 loads so the AR15's didn't fair as well. Good fun any who. We are going to work up a load of H322 and our new beloved 69gr RMR bullets. The all in one bullet, good for slapping steel CQB, long distance and popping grapefruits. I also think we need to show how amazing grapefruits explode next week too. I have a grapefruit tree and they pop and blow up and offer up a good laugh. Video promised next week.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-06-22 at 18:06.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mark got a new COG and got us going COG crazy. I grabbed my 14.5 Noveske / BCM with ACOG and my MWS 16' CL with 3.5X ACOG and slapped some steel. The infamous MWS shot a nice MOA group with cheap Outback ammo and 3.5X scope. Slapped steel to 750 and had big fun.

Might try some good ammo and see how the MWS does next week with COG. We managed to get out to the ranch with none of our 77g H322 loads so the AR15's didn't fair as well. Good fun any who. We are going to work up a load of H322 and our new beloved 69gr RMR bullets. The all in one bullet, good for slapping steel CQB, long distance and popping grapefruits. I also think we need to show how amazing grapefruits explode next week too. I have a grapefruit tree and they pop and blow up and offer up a good laugh. Video promised next week.

PB

Awesome. I might pick up sone of those RMRs to learn on

We got out today , boringly consistent hits on 12" gong at 450ydd, moved to 650 and could not see bullet trace at all, 1 hit out of 20 (ooof).

Great day to be out and learned the imortance of seeing trace. I think we need a better spotting scope.

650, could only see top 1/3 of the plate.

The setup:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice. Yeah.. a good spot and get you a slight correction that will get you ringing round after round.

We're going to work up an H322 69gr RMR load and dial all the 5.56 COGS in next weekend.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    A good spotting scope is huge. This is my second. I bought a $300 Konus ( I think it was ) worked good until we started shooting longer. Then stepped up and bought the vortex razor. Changed the eyepiece to a fixed 20X with mil reticle in it. Love that spotter.

I compared it side by side to the Swaro. With my eyes I couldn’t tell the difference and wanted to like the Swaro. I know some people can see a difference but I believe everyone’s eyes are different.

PB