Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foregrip/fingerstop gas block in the way, M-Lok

Feedback Score
    The only one of mine where it isn't an issue is on my x39 build, which is a carbine gas system. The block is far enough back on that one that it doesn't interfere with anything I have or want to mount on it. On my other three mid length rifles it's right on top. And that is with three different rails. I could never find an MLOK rail that was beefy enough to provide clearance (like others have stated.) One of the reasons I am starting to migrate back towards quads.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    It's definitely a drawback to M-LOK, I'd consider looking into QRF.
    I have a 13" BCM MCMR on a 14.5" mid-length that I'm thinking of switching over a to a 12" QRF.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    The only one of mine where it isn't an issue is on my x39 build, which is a carbine gas system. The block is far enough back on that one that it doesn't interfere with anything I have or want to mount on it. On my other three mid length rifles it's right on top. And that is with three different rails. I could never find an MLOK rail that was beefy enough to provide clearance (like others have stated.) One of the reasons I am starting to migrate back towards quads.
    KAC URX4, DD MFR XL, and Larue LAT are among the few that aren’t as thin as a Hodge Wedge-Lok.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    KAC URX4, DD MFR XL, and Larue LAT are among the few that aren’t as thin as a Hodge Wedge-Lok.
    That's good to know. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    The problem there is it can be very close and impact upon firing due to barrel whip.
    Definitely, just depends how much space is available. I agree that you don't want them too close, and depending on the rail, there may be cases where there isn't enough room, even when filing down the screws

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Dutch,

Aero's Enhanced M-Lok Rails have an inside diameter of 1.72". Which is huge compared to Aero's Atlas R-One, which I have, that's only 1.30" inside diameter.

Feedback Score
    It's really the diameter for me, it's seems to be comfortable for me. I really don't like the m-lok attaching design. I have never had an issue but I'm not breaking down doors either. Much more of a rail fan, I have confidence that stuff ain't gonna move.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    It's really the diameter for me, it's seems to be comfortable for me. I really don't like the m-lok attaching design. I have never had an issue but I'm not breaking down doors either. Much more of a rail fan, I have confidence that stuff ain't gonna move.
    If you’re considering going back to pic rail, this thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...e-Graters-2021 might be relevant to you. There’s some dimensions and weights posted. Or just get a QRF. Nobody seems to have any complaints.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    In Crane's comparison test between KeyMod and M-LOK, the mode of failure for the KeyMod light mounts was that the rail sections ripping out of the KeyMod slots. For the M-LOK, it was the 1913 flashlight mount ripping off of the rail, while the M-LOK rail section itself stood strong.

Thus, one could possibly argue that M-LOK is stronger than 1913.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Foregrip/fingerstop gas block in the way, M-Lok

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    In Crane's comparison test between KeyMod and M-LOK, the mode of failure for the KeyMod light mounts was that the rail sections ripping out of the KeyMod slots. For the M-LOK, it was the 1913 flashlight mount ripping off of the rail, while the M-LOK rail section itself stood strong.

Thus, one could possibly argue that M-LOK is stronger than 1913.
    …..or more appropriately that a shitty M-LOK to Picatinny accessory was tested. I don’t recall seeing the manufacturer or model for this component listed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast