Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FDE FN SCAR 16S NRCH

Feedback Score

FDE FN SCAR 16S NRCH

I have a new flat dark earth FN SCAR 16S on the way. I don't really care for FDE, but it seems like it's the color the SCAR was meant to be so I went that route. I'll post pictures when it arrives, but I do have a question. Why does FN only paint half the magazine FDE?

It's obviously purposeful, but I can't figure out the benefit and the effort has to be greater than just painting the whole thing FDE.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've always assumed it was because they didn't want the top part to get scratched up.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No reason not to, avoids potential scratching from the mag well, and it makes the mag look unique. And because they could.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Here it is with the 4X ACOG and rail covers that I ordered to dress it up.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Gorgeous. I have one of these and it is a very smooth shooter. I never had one of the earlier model 16s but the recoil characteristics are extremely tame.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have a new flat dark earth FN SCAR 16S on the way. I don't really care for FDE, but it seems like it's the color the SCAR was meant to be so I went that route. I'll post pictures when it arrives, but I do have a question. Why does FN only paint half the magazine FDE?

It's obviously purposeful, but I can't figure out the benefit and the effort has to be greater than just painting the whole thing FDE.
    If they are still selling the steel mags, they are durable but heavy lol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I can't answer why they just paint the exposed portion FDE, maybe it's just used to plug the open mag well while painting? Anyway, after shooting a match in the desert I can see a big reason for FDE, it just blends in whereas black really stands out against that background. If that matters to you.

Feedback Score
    The color really doesn't matter to me other than I just have a personal preference for OD green and black. It makes sense that FDE does better in the desert. Where I live it would stick out. I ended up buying the FDE simply because it's the iconic color for this rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    The color really doesn't matter to me other than I just have a personal preference for OD green and black. It makes sense that FDE does better in the desert. Where I live it would stick out. I ended up buying the FDE simply because it's the iconic color for this rifle.
    Yes, in my AO we have lots of green and sand. FDE is growing on me, I used to love plain black but a firearm in black just stands out screaming GUN !

Feedback Score
    I still have not figure out why it's called flat dark earth. It looks more like tan sand to me. Where I live, flat dark earth would be dark brown. My Bushmaster ACR looks to be mustard colored to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast