Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $340 out the door Bear Creek Arsenal side charger

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Take a few 2-day/1000 round classes and get back to us.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Said no-one ever......Yeah, let's add some unecessary reciprocating mass to the BCG, creating a huge open space directly in the receiver and a snag hazzard, expecting the same results as the design that has been sucessful for over 50 years, because "style." But hey, I'm sure Bear Creek and the others did extensive engineering to ensure that will be reliable.

What could possibly go wrong.
    Sure. Over the years, I saw every manufacturer breaking their necks to either copy the original charging design or to modify their existing one; said no one ever. Snag Hazzard? Perhaps only on your suspended bib while in the comfort of your mom's basement. Idiot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

$340 out the door Bear Creek Arsenal side charger

Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Sure. Over the years, I saw every manufacturer breaking their necks to either copy the original charging design or to modify their existing one; said no one ever. Snag Hazzard? Perhaps only on your suspended bib while in the comfort of your mom's basement. Idiot.
    Welcome to my ignore list idiot. I own your moms basement.

Feedback Score
    Extractor broke this morning on second round fired. About 40°F, woke up at dawn and decided to pop the 180m steel a few times before starting breakfast for the kids. I can still shoot it as a single shot.

Yesterday I fired 60 rounds trouble free and hit 10" at 180m and 66% silhouette @ 240m consistently. I zeroed @50/100m using Barnaul fmj 123gr and use .28G1 and 2100fps for drop. I was thinking of it as a 200m gun so the success at 240m was good confirmation of ability (mine and the BCA upper).

I never considered this more than a fun ranch gun and understood the pitfalls of a x39 AR bolt going in. That being the case I will never bring this as my only gun even for leisure activities. The Larue 6.5G and SIG 716i will get more time now. Both are pretty easy out to the 295m silhouette I have set up now so I'll have to move to another spot.

I'll contact BCA and get a few extractors. I went through this before with my 16" x39 and AIM bolt. I think that lasted about 400 before breaking. This one about 200.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cspackler View Post
    Extractor broke this morning on second round fired. About 40°F, woke up at dawn and decided to pop the 180m steel a few times before starting breakfast for the kids. I can still shoot it as a single shot.

Yesterday I fired 60 rounds trouble free and hit 10" at 180m and 66% silhouette @ 240m consistently. I zeroed @50/100m using Barnaul fmj 123gr and use .28G1 and 2100fps for drop. I was thinking of it as a 200m gun so the success at 240m was good confirmation of ability (mine and the BCA upper).

I never considered this more than a fun ranch gun and understood the pitfalls of a x39 AR bolt going in. That being the case I will never bring this as my only gun even for leisure activities. The Larue 6.5G and SIG 716i will get more time now. Both are pretty easy out to the 295m silhouette I have set up now so I'll have to move to another spot.

I'll contact BCA and get a few extractors. I went through this before with my 16" x39 and AIM bolt. I think that lasted about 400 before breaking. This one about 200.
    I rest my case...NEXT!!
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I rest my case...NEXT!!
    Don't rest it yet. I have not shot my BCA $340 5.56x45. Hopefully I can shoot it this weekend.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I rest my case...NEXT!!
    Only took 62 rounds, of which 61 were "trouble free".

Feedback Score
    Actually closer to 250 trouble free .....not that that's impressive. My point was that my experience goes beyond just BCA low quality and has more to do with difficulty stuffing 7.62x39 into an AR-15 bolt. I could have spent $1500 on a cmmg mutant but I only wanted a ranch novelty. I don't think op plans on using the cheap BCA as a primary rifle. I am not and don't think (hope) anyone here is arguing that a $200 x39 BCA upper is just as good as my BCM or DD 5.56 guns.

Guns don't always have to be war/1k round course worthy. I have a C96 in 30mauser that I like to shoot even if it jams occasionally. Don't keep it in my nightstand. I find it amusing that an AR can be picked up for the equivalent of $250 2001 dollars (when I started shooting and a bushmaster ran $800).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cspackler View Post
    Actually closer to 250 trouble free .....not that that's impressive. My point was that my experience goes beyond just BCA low quality and has more to do with difficulty stuffing 7.62x39 into an AR-15 bolt. I could have spent $1500 on a cmmg mutant but I only wanted a ranch novelty. I don't think op plans on using the cheap BCA as a primary rifle. I am not and don't think (hope) anyone here is arguing that a $200 x39 BCA upper is just as good as my BCM or DD 5.56 guns.

Guns don't always have to be war/1k round course worthy. I have a C96 in 30mauser that I like to shoot even if it jams occasionally. Don't keep it in my nightstand. I find it amusing that an AR can be picked up for the equivalent of $250 2001 dollars (when I started shooting and a bushmaster ran $800).
    I don't understand why a person who supposedly has quality ARs would want to mess around with low quality junk that doesn't run. Is your ranch novelty really fun when you gotta keep a handful of extractors in your pocket to make it through a range trip?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I don't understand why a person who supposedly has quality ARs would want to mess around with low quality junk that doesn't run. Is your ranch novelty really fun when you gotta keep a handful of extractors in your pocket to make it through a range trip?
    I dont understand the purchase either but two of the gentlemen who purchased them know exactly what they're getting into and are not proclaiming them to be good to go. Just seems like they bought cheap rifles for the hell of it to see what happens. These type of reports potentially could save someone with less disposable income from buying one. They could see this and realize saving more money would be the better avenue. Reports like tactical speed saying I have bought multiple BCA products and they're all good is problematic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast