Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken Hackathorn training schedule?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Ken Hackathorn training schedule?

Sorry if this has been asked before ... anyone know if Ken maintains a schedule somewhere (other than here)?

Thanks!

-slut
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before ... anyone know if Ken maintains a schedule somewhere (other than here)?

Thanks!

-slut
    He doesn't do the class thing like LAV does them, unfortunately...you just have to look around on the various boards to find out who is hosting him.

I actually talked to Ken about the subject of getting a handgun class together during LLII and he was receptive to the idea. Ideally I would like to have a regular 2 or 3 day handgun class with him that is offered at least once a year in a gun-friendly mid-Atlantic state.

I was contemplating how on earth I could get something like that together seeing as how I don't have access to a suitable range. Maybe that's something M4C can help figure out....
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 12-17-08 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

JW -

Gotcha.

Pennsylvania is most definitely a gun-friendly mid-Atlantic state (and I think within driving distance for Ken).

Let me know if you need help in making inquiries.

-slut
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would be in - I would travel to PA or (better) do it in VA.

M_P

ToddG Guest
    Ken might also be able to hold the class at his "home" range in OH. It's not that far of a drive from the Metro DC area and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants within half an hour or so of the facility.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Ken might also be able to hold the class at his "home" range in OH. It's not that far of a drive from the Metro DC area and there are plenty of hotels and restaurants within half an hour or so of the facility.

He actually mentioned that in the course of the conversation and he said (IIRC) that he "tries" to do things at places other than his back yard. As I said during LLII, I am certainly up for going to Mecca to train with Ken again. If that's how he would rather go, I'm all for it.

The impression I got was that he'd be more receptive to being hosted somewhere than to a home base class....but I don't take warm showers with the guy so perhaps I got it all wrong.

All that being said, perhaps M4C can put our collective heads together and come up with an M4C class with Mr. Hackathorn....that would be very cool. I'm certainly up for it and I think TheKatar and Templar would also be up for it, as would several other M4C regulars.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 12-17-08 at 10:10.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm workin' on it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hosted Ken last year for a 2 day Tactical Pistol class at Trigger Time www.trigger-time.com at Carthage NC, about 30 miles from Ft Bragg. Maybe we could put together another class there.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    His other "home" range is in the Atlanta area. If you can get enough interested students, I'll bring him in 2009.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    His other "home" range is in the Atlanta area. If you can get enough interested students, I'll bring him in 2009.

I hosted Ken last year for a 2 day Tactical Pistol class at Trigger Time www.trigger-time.com at Carthage NC, about 30 miles from Ft Bragg. Maybe we could put together another class there.
    I'm there (for both).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast