Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Crisp" on/off thumb safety is usually determined by profile of edges of thumb safety and to some extent the plunger nose profile itself.

More rounded corners on thumb safety with a really/radiused rounded plunger will create a softer/mushier on/off, conversely sharper edges with a "pointier", less rounded plunger a harder/crisper on/off.
    The depth and lead in, to the plunger "socket" of thumb safety, contributes a great deal in the feel as well.
    The plunger spring itself should be similar in both the Colt and SA, but who knows. Obviously you could switch plunger assemblies between pistols and see.

A tip on the plunger spring allowing the plunger to launch; a common mod is to kink a coil of the center of the plunger spring. This will nearly always result in plunger assembly being contained in the plunger tube when thumb safety is removed.
    I basically crush a center coil with some quality needle nose. This provides enough friction to prevent spring/plunger from flying out of plunger tube- while still providing ample "spring" for the plunger to work on safety.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thank you. Reprofiling the edge of the safety made a fairly big difference. Now that you mention it, the Colt spring came "kinked".

My Springfield made me realize how soft the detent was on my Colt safety (which I swapped years ago) and the Colt made me realize how important it was to de-fang the safety lever on the Springfield.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-21-22 at 21:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    Had my springs been even remotely organized as yours, I wouldn’t need to visit Wolff as often.

It’s an interesting system, but too demanding for my obsolete intellectual HP, and annoying lack of patience. I’ll stick with the wasteful credit card system. Still, it’s nice to know that you can do so, even for fun. Thank you for sharing knowledge.
    It definitely can be done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Thank you. Reprofiling the edge of the safety made a fairly big difference. Now that you mention it, the Colt spring came "kinked".

My Springfield made me realize how soft the detent was on my Colt safety (which I swapped years ago) and the Colt made me realize how important it was to de-fang the safety lever on the Springfield.

Andy
    Colt does love their sharp corners

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^ Less hand work = Greater profit margin.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks like the OP is a thief and a scammer.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...n-3-(NLTA-Gun)
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Looks like the OP is a thief and a scammer.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...n-3-(NLTA-Gun)
    Yeah, that's messed up. Hopefully mods ban him.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I PMed the account called STAFF.

Here's what happened in the classifieds for those that didn't follow there link:

I received a PM from the OP ("jupguy") about a WTB I posted. We made a deal, but something felt off about it. Registered a year ago, only three posts. Payment via Zelle with an email address and not a phone number. Little things with the language. I requested a copy of his DL as he would be sending the gun to my FFL as an individual. He provided a photo of an Oregon DL and it just did not look right. Googled the name and city/state and found nothing. Looked up the house on the local assessor's website and it was owned by somebody else. Tried really hard to validate the guy's info.

Sent an email confronting him about it and now radio silence. Glad I never sent money.

Look out for this asshole.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    I requested a copy of his DL as he would be sending the gun to my FFL as an individual. He provided a photo of an Oregon DL and it just did not look right. Googled the name and city/state and found nothing. Looked up the house on the local assessor's website and it was owned by somebody else. Tried really hard to validate the guy's info.
    Don't know crap about your deal and don't care but...

When I google my name and city/state nothing shows up. NADA, Zero... I like that.

When I look up my house at the local whatever - It is owned by someone else. Because I rent it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12