Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Coffee Harming Your Brain? ☕️

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Is Coffee Harming Your Brain? ☕️

Recent articles on line have made a big deal out of the findings of some studies that caffeine can reduce cerebral blood flow (CBF). This is a topic that’s gotten traction lately and understandably, has resulted in questions and concerns regarding the wisdom and safety of daily coffee consumption:

https://brinkzone.com/is-coffee-harming-your-brain/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Good read, thanks.

Of course MY brain doesn't even function til I'm on my second cup so it's hardly an option to give it up.

Feedback Score
    So I gave up caffeine a couple years ago as an experiment to see if I'd sleep better and I don't think that it does. I don't feel any more or less tired and my routine has stayed pretty consistent. Not saying I'm going back because nuts and water have replaced my mid afternoon cup of coffee.

By comparison, giving up alcohol for the past couple weeks has had a huge impact in sleep pattern.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If I had a dime for every time I heard about "a study" on the retard news about coffee being good and bad for you (they flip flop it every other study), I wouldn't be posting this reply from work. I'd be sitting in front of a pile of coke in my mansion like Tony Montana, Mang!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good article, thanks Will.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Good read, thanks.

Of course MY brain doesn't even function til I'm on my second cup so it's hardly an option to give it up.
    I only have one cup a day. It's a Pittsburgh Pirates Souvenir cup & holds a half a pot, but it's only ONE cup!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If I had a dime for every time I heard about "a study" on the retard news about coffee being good and bad for you (they flip flop it every other study), I wouldn't be posting this reply from work. I'd be sitting in front of a pile of coke in my mansion like Tony Montana, Mang!
    I have not seen any recent studies finding coffee a net negative to health, and of course the news as a source for studies of any kind is fail, so per usual, so there's that too...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Is Coffee Harming Your Brain? ☕️

Study it hard and long enough and literally anything can be determined to be bad for you.

Some government officials probably funded this study and shorted coffee futures.

Live your lives is my advice. Busses kill as well.

Feedback Score
    It is a known fact that giving up coffee/caffeine will deprive you of 90 % of the joy in your life.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    It is a known fact that giving up coffee/caffeine will deprive you of 90 % of the joy in your life.
    Can concur. Good thing it's one of the few vices in life that's actually good for you.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast