Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Coffee Harming Your Brain? ☕️

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Years ago, early 1980's, a U.S. Navy doctor told me coffee was a vasoconstrictor. Is this true?

I haven't paid attention to those in the medical field and their opinions on coffee and still drink it.

I drink coffee, but a limited amount.
    Coffee and caffeine are not interchangeable terms. Did you read the article? On coffee as vasoconstrictor, data is mixed, most finding a benefit on endothelial function. Coffee has over 800 compounds in it, many bio active, some counter regulatory to caffeine, and with various potential benefits.

See: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/labs/pm...es/PMC6770186/

Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, coffee has Caffeine.
    You just told me you didn't read the article without telling me you didn't read the article...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    And right on cue....

CNN "Coffee could benefit your heart and help you live longer" by Kristen Rogers.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravmaga View Post
    Good read, thanks.
    Just wanna say congrats on your first post after being a member for more than 15 years, and it's in a coffee thread!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Coffee bad, coffee good...just eat what you want, but eat moderately. I have one 12 oz cup a day, any more than that and I get a bit sick and jittery. But if you can handle more, then cool. I just wouldn't advise 2 pots a day...that doesn't seem moderate.

Feedback Score
    I drink a 36 ounce cup of coffee in the mornings Monday - Friday. No added sugar very small amount of creamer. Here’s what I know. That F***ing coffee is the only way i’m making it through my S***ty work day.

No I didn’t read any articles, just came here to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If I had a dime for every time I heard about "a study" on the retard news about coffee being good and bad for you (they flip flop it every other study), I wouldn't be posting this reply from work. I'd be sitting in front of a pile of coke in my mansion like Tony Montana, Mang!
    Just like eggs, potatoes, red meat, etc…. It’s good, it’s bad, it’s good, etc… My wife’s grandparents ate half a dozen eggs, salt bacon, biscuits and gravy and coffee you can stand up a fork in for breakfast regularly. Lunch and dinner similarly “unhealthy”. Both lived into their 90’s. The key, I believe, was they lived on a farm and did physical work every day.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    That's often my answer: The Middle Path

Just have some.

Want 1/2 a cup of chocolate chips in my oatmeal? Hell yea! But instead I'll have blueberries and about 10 chocolate chips in it.

I have about 8 oz of coffee a day. Black, occasionally a little milk.

Alcohol? 1-4 beers a week. Spirits much more rare.

Eggs? 6-8 eggs a week.

Fish? Twice a week. Little fish. Occasional salmon.

When I talk nutrition with people I can always see in their eyes that they've NEVER measured food by weight or volume. No scale, no measuring cups or spoons. And they're fat.

Soda for me? 8 to 24 oz...a year. That crap is bad for you in about a dozen ways or more!

I'm especially wary / aware of drinking calories.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "Coffee may prevent stroke" - Bill Monroe MSN
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123