Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best" BCG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Best" BCG

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I was the one who originally asked about the pin gauges. I did not intend for this to devolve into compulsively checking all my carriers. This isn't needed as they are all BCM/Sionics/LMT/KAC. But I have many friends who bring their rigs to me for troubleshooting. The pin gauges are to help me save time as I assist others in diagnosing their (usually suppressed) AR's. Especially when occasional, mystery malfunctions are an issue and the gas key isn't in question.

I'm *very* thankful for all of the great info. Off to McMasterCarr I go (again).

I don't need all the gauges that SOTAR uses, not even close. I just want to put together a set of Go, Field, and No-Go gauges for the bolt tail and gas ring race.....maybe the gas key.

Telling people to "just buy an LMT" or other quality brand is vastly harder for a person to accept if they have.... say..... a Radian, DD, or other expensive gun/carrier, that it may STILL not be in spec. A few gauges allows me to remove any ambiguity and get them back in 100% operating condition much faster. And it removes some ego from the equation as well.

Sorry for the unintentional thread de-rail. The information and images are well received. Thank you to all who contributed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have several DD BCG’s and surprisingly, to me, they are quite variable in their specs.

So, I’d say you’re on the right track.

On the other side of the coin, the Colts I’ve measured are very consistent, but not quite as consistent as Sionics in my samples.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-04-23 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I have several DD BCG’s and surprisingly, to me, they are quite variable in their specs.
    Thats surprising to me as well, I don't own any DD stuff except rear sights, but thought they were a solid builder.

Andy

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

"Best" BCG

So, I’d say you’re on the right track.

On the other side of the coin, the Colts I’ve measured are very consistent, but not quite as consistent as Sionics in my samples.
    Yep. Bingo. Not to throw them under the bus.

I've had to replace more than one friends', brand new DD carrier with an LMT or Sionics. Either of which made the mystery issues completely disappear. DD is a bit of a lottery right now. Are they at the big end of a dimension? Small end? Dunno who makes their carriers.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yep. Bingo. Not to throw them under the bus.

I've had to replace more than one friends', brand new DD carrier with an LMT or Sionics. Either of which made the mystery issues completely disappear. DD is a bit of a lottery right now. Are they at the big end of a dimension? Small end? Dunno who makes their carriers.

I was told they make everything in house. Don't know if I believe that but they should have the tooling.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I was told they make everything in house. Don't know if I believe that but they should have the tooling.
    It's obvious that they *could* make them in house. I doubt that they are, TBH. Having seen and used their rails, optic mounts, sights, triggers, etc..... none of those were a lottery for any critical dimension or tolerance. Not the items I touched.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    It's obvious that they *could* make them in house. I doubt that they are, TBH. Having seen and used their rails, optic mounts, sights, triggers, etc..... none of those were a lottery for any critical dimension or tolerance. Not the items I touched.

I've heard about some government rifles that were a lottery.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    I have had great luck running Daniel Defense BCGs. Im talking tens of thousands of worry free rounds.

As for coatings I have been super impressed with the Cryptic Coatings Mystic Black BCG. I have run these in several high round count guns with nothing but great results. The coating holds up extremely well and is still performing as good as new.

Others to mention.
    Sons of Liberty Gun Works, also these have stood up to long training sessions and super high round counts.
    BCM- I don't have as many rounds thru BCM BCGs as I do others however I have done a lot of maintenance on guns that are running this carrier and I have yet to see glaring issues.

I maintain my BCGs and regularly replace gas rings, extractor springs, and ejector springs. We run super high round counts so we have to stay on top of our guns and keep them clean. Keeping everything healthy and lubed is a big part of the longevity and reliability of any BCG. You can neglect to take care of the best brands on the market and end up having issues. We are in a time when we have a ton of great options and companies are taking their skills to the next level so there are many reliable BCGs out there. So pick a reputable brand and maintain your weapon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    This is not true as of Fall 2022 when I took his class. You have to sign a waiver but no NDA.
    Wrong, in this video Chad himself refers to it as a "Non Disclosure Agreement".

At 9:10 of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgWgF4Goq8

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Wrong, in this video Chad himself refers to it as a "Non Disclosure Agreement".

At 9:10 of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgWgF4Goq8
    Were you drunk when you posted this? Are you claiming I didn't take the class? Are you claiming I didn't read the waiver?

Do you think it's possible that maybe it's different from when he posted the video in 2020 vs (as I said in my post) fall of 2022?

Have you ever taken his class?

Feedback Score
    Completely agree.

I have the requisite pin gauges and have tested all of my BCG’s. Of the ones I own, Sionics are the tightest tolerance and the most consistent. I don’t own any BCM BCG’s so they may be just as tight and consistent.

My HK BCG’s are the highest quality of the ones I own. The machining and finishing on them are exponentially better than anything else I own.
    The Sonics BCG's you're referring to, are they the NP3 or phosphate?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast