Thread: "Best" BCG

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Best" BCG

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I was the one who originally asked about the pin gauges. I did not intend for this to devolve into compulsively checking all my carriers. This isn't needed as they are all BCM/Sionics/LMT/KAC. But I have many friends who bring their rigs to me for troubleshooting. The pin gauges are to help me save time as I assist others in diagnosing their (usually suppressed) AR's. Especially when occasional, mystery malfunctions are an issue and the gas key isn't in question.

I'm *very* thankful for all of the great info. Off to McMasterCarr I go (again).

I don't need all the gauges that SOTAR uses, not even close. I just want to put together a set of Go, Field, and No-Go gauges for the bolt tail and gas ring race.....maybe the gas key.

Telling people to "just buy an LMT" or other quality brand is vastly harder for a person to accept if they have.... say..... a Radian, DD, or other expensive gun/carrier, that it may STILL not be in spec. A few gauges allows me to remove any ambiguity and get them back in 100% operating condition much faster. And it removes some ego from the equation as well.

Sorry for the unintentional thread de-rail. The information and images are well received. Thank you to all who contributed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have several DD BCG’s and surprisingly, to me, they are quite variable in their specs.

So, I’d say you’re on the right track.

On the other side of the coin, the Colts I’ve measured are very consistent, but not quite as consistent as Sionics in my samples.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-04-23 at 23:56.