Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best" BCG

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    a company called MPI or Manufacturing Partners inc. They make bolts and carrier according to the website.
    That’d be one way to put “MPI” on a bolt without actually doing it.

Feedback Score
    I have heard that Microbest makes BCG for some of the popular brands such as BCM and SOLGW. I have both and they are both really good BCGs. But I also have a Toolcraft marked BCG in a PSA and it runs like a top. I think a lot of this stuff is just measurebating to be honest. My guns are run hard and from LaRues to BCMs to PSAs, they all get used, hunted, run n gun, whatever. No issues with any of my BCGs.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    That’s dark.

But you might have something.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    That’s dark.

But you might have something.
    It’d be a hell of a coincidence to choose that name for a company making bolts, otherwise.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Another reason to stay away from PSA. Not like I ever considered their ARs anything other than bottom bin tier anyway.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    Think about this one. Company X makes bolts. They sell the bolts for $49 with no MPI stamp. They sell bolts with an MPI stamp for $1 more or $50. How do they shoot a 79000, PSI specially loaded round in a jig then inspect the bolt and barrel for $1??? The answer is "they don't". The manufacturer of the bolt offers the stamp as a convenience service and it is up to the company buying the bolts to purchase the $4 per shot ammo, test the bolt and barrel and then MP inspect them and discard the bolts or barrels that do not pass. How many do you think are really tested?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    Think about this one. Company X makes bolts. They sell the bolts for $49 with no MPI stamp. They sell bolts with an MPI stamp for $1 more or $50. How do they shoot a 79000, PSI specially loaded round in a jig then inspect the bolt and barrel for $1??? The answer is "they don't". The manufacturer of the bolt offers the stamp as a convenience service and it is up to the company buying the bolts to purchase the $4 per shot ammo, test the bolt and barrel and then MP inspect them and discard the bolts or barrels that do not pass. How many do you think are really tested?
    Chime back in when you have evidence that PSA ownership has changed the way Toolcraft operates or manufactures / inspects their 'Toolcraft branded' carrier assemblies.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Chime back in when you have evidence that PSA ownership has changed the way Toolcraft operates or manufactures / inspects their 'Toolcraft branded' carrier assemblies.
    I don't get the feeling he is banging he drum for Toolcraft.

I am not sure why they were brought up. The title of the thread is "Best" BCG, not Best Value BCG or Adequate BCG. I am sure Toolcraft BCGs are generally OK but they are not even in the running for "best".

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-31-23 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Who said they did?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    That's it. And all these goobers piss their pants if a bolt isn't marked. The markings are almost worthless. I could spec a bolt to have an image of Big Bird on the side, but that doesn't mean shit anymore than pretty MPI markings do.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast