Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best" BCG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Best" BCG

Historically, I have always used Colt BCG's.

I understand there are some "better" ones out there, mainly I suppose in the coatings on them, but perhaps lug geometry as well.

Can a couple of you give say a list of the recognized top 3 or so and I can do a bit of research?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Coatings are largely negatives in my experience... with the exception of Robar's NP3. Everything else is to some degree worse than phosphate.

Other lugs and cam pin slot geometry seem to work, but I have yet to see something that works noticeably better than a good old COLT or BCM bolt group.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    thanks for that.

I was reading up, and Geieselle BCG are friggin costly, but they advertise as something outwardly. Primarily it seems based on the special 158 material used.

The diamond coating seems to get a lot of accolades.

robar has been around for eons, and always seem to put out a good product. Edited to say a quick search and robar is closed down.

LMT has one designed for short barrels. I just wonder other than making the carrier and bolt lubricious with a coating, how much can you really improve it?
    Last edited by juliet9; 03-16-22 at 13:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    thanks for that.

I was reading up, and Geieselle BCG are friggin costly, but they advertise as something outwardly. Primarily it seems based on the special 158 material used.

The diamond coating seems to get a lot of accolades.

robar has been around for eons, and always seem to put out a good product. Edited to say a quick search and robar is closed down.

LMT has one designed for short barrels. I just wonder other than making the carrier and bolt lubricious with a coating, how much can you really improve it?
    It its c158, its just standard base metal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    They're supposed to be forged though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    i consider Colt, BCM, SOLGW, BRT, and Sionics the best out there

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    I poked around in Geissele's new BCG. Very nice.. the finish is supposed to have mystical powers, etc. I'd run one no problem. But I'm not paying a premium over something that doesn't need improvement in the first place.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Ahhh, apparently you didn't read the Geieselle description. This ain't no ordinary C158, it is C158+ !!!!

The Geissele Stressproof Bolt is made from Carpenter 158, however this is not your typical material spec’d by the US Government. Since Geissele wanted to take it to the next level, our engineers worked directly with the Carpenter Steel metallurgists in Reading PA, to produce a special type of material known as Carpenter 158+. This material is cleaner with less impurities, ultimately making it stronger and more consistent. We did not stop there, we decided to forge the bolt. Using the same process used to produce upper and lower receivers, a forged bolt manipulates the grain structure of the metal and yields a bolt capable of 5 times the life of a mil-spec bolt. Each bolt is then rigorously inspected, high pressure tested, mag particle inspected and coated with Nanoweapon for maximum corrosion and wear resistance.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anytime you hear/read "nano", red flags should go up. Geissele's stuff is primo. But again.... I'm not paying more to solve problems that don't REALLY exist. I'm not breaking BCM bolts... EVER.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    They're supposed to be forged though.
    Forging, in this case, won't do a whole lot due to the geometry of an AR bolt.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast