Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best" BCG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The heat treat of the steel is more important when it comes to metal failures in high stress areas like bolts.

Virtually any steel with a shitty heat treat will yield a shitty bolt, even C158.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by juliet9 View Post
    thanks for that.

I was reading up, and Geieselle BCG are friggin costly, but they advertise as something outwardly. Primarily it seems based on the special 158 material used.

The diamond coating seems to get a lot of accolades.

robar has been around for eons, and always seem to put out a good product. Edited to say a quick search and robar is closed down.

LMT has one designed for short barrels. I just wonder other than making the carrier and bolt lubricious with a coating, how much can you really improve it?
    Robar is still there they just don't deal with the public anymore.

A shop named Wright Armory now offers NP3 to the public.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Robar is still there they just don't deal with the public anymore.
    That's a testament to their intelligence!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm real comfortable with my current BCM, Colt, SIONICS and SOLGW BCGs and while I see no reason to expand my horizons, I would also trust Centurion, DD, LMT and FCD. The only coated BCGs I own are SIONICS Np3, that is the only fancy finish I'll use. You can have the rest, I'll stick with phosphate. I'm sure Geissele BCGs are quality but nothing uber special.

If I was going to point at one BCG and say "That one is the best." it would probably be KAC.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    A shop named Wright Armory now offers NP3 to the public.
    Wright Armory stopped offering NP3 months ago. There's supposedly new shops that offer it now, but I think the shops are just collecting enough parts before sending a batch to Coating Technologies (the actual owners of NP3/NP3+, Robar merely had an arrangement with them).

I wouldn't say that the extra coatings solve any problems, but they could further optimize the performance of the bolt carrier, and aren't a bad thing necessarily.

The LMT e-BCG is probably a good contender for unambiguously having some advantages over a milspec BCG. The SureFire OBC is also very interesting, though it seems to not have lasted very long on the market.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Wright Armory stopped offering NP3 months ago. There's supposedly new shops that offer it now, but I think the shops are just collecting enough parts before sending a batch to Coating Technologies (the actual owners of NP3/NP3+, Robar merely had an arrangement with them).
    Thank you, I was not aware of that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post

I wouldn't say that the extra coatings solve any problems, but they could further optimize the performance of the bolt carrier, and aren't a bad thing necessarily.

The LMT e-BCG is probably a good contender for unambiguously having some advantages over a milspec BCG. The SureFire OBC is also very interesting, though it seems to not have lasted very long on the market.
    Yep, I got their email notice as I used them to NP3+ a bunch of after market parts for my M4 H2O. I emailed them about it and their response was kind of strange.........I drew the conclusion there was more to it they wouldn't get into publicly.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    parts for my M4 H2O.
    For your what?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    For your what?
    Benelli M4 H2O - Basically everything is coated with NP3+ from the factory.

When I added aftermarket parts I kept them consistent with the rest of the shotgun.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Gotcha. I thought you made an M4 carbine with all water/rust proof parts.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast