Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best" BCG

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkondratko View Post
    Bcm, SOlGW ,DD, Sionics all look identical to a micro best. Is microbest doing the machine work for many of these companies??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Possibly. Not sure about DD, but the others have BCGs manufactured for them. Its like car batteries - only a few manufacturers in the US but lots of brands sold.

Andy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Possibly. Not sure about DD, but the others have BCGs manufactured for them. Its like car batteries - only a few manufacturers in the US but lots of brands sold.

Andy
    Being a retired auto tech I can vouch for the fact regardless of the manufacturer and brand there is a huge disparity in the quality of batteries. Maybe they come from the same plant but my assumption is each brand has its own specs.

The following statement has been proven to be incorrect. "I think Ford had input with Firestone when the Explorers experienced tire failures/rollovers". After more research the tires were manufactured in multiple plants and a single plant was responsible for the faulty tires.

For me it does not automatically inspire confidence when I hear the phrase "they come from the same plant"
    Hopefully the issue doesn't pertain to the mentioned BCG's.
    You guys are full of knowledge and have many years of experience, so I'll try to gain knowledge from this thread.
    Last edited by paddle007; 02-25-23 at 11:44. Reason: Edited to correct misinformation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paddle007 View Post
    Being a retired auto tech I can vouch for the fact regardless of the manufacturer and brand there is a huge disparity in the quality of batteries. Maybe they come from the same plant but my assumption is each brand has its own specs.
    I think Ford had input with Firestone when the Explorers experienced tire failures/rollovers. We saw how that turned out.
    For me it does not automatically inspire confidence when I hear the phrase "they come from the same plant"
    You guys are full of knowledge and have many years of experience, so I'll try to gain knowledge from this thread.
    I can tell you from my experience with Microbest and talking to their VP that they don't do anything special for anyone. They make what they make and if you want to buy what they make they will sell it to you but they have not allowed any new dealer accounts since 2010. Luckily I got in before the obama years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think Ford had input with Firestone when the Explorers experienced tire failures/rollovers. We saw how that turned out.
    This reminds me of several conversations I've had with marine outboard motor mechanics. Telling me that the engine blocks for most of the major outboard motor makers come from the same place/factory. It's what Yamaha, Mercury, Tohatsu, etc., do with them afterwards that counts.
    I guess we shouldn't expect anything different from the mass produced firearms industry.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    I can tell you from my experience with Microbest and talking to their VP that they don't do anything special for anyone. They make what they make and if you want to buy what they make they will sell it to you but they have not allowed any new dealer accounts since 2010. Luckily I got in before the obama years.
    Just looked at their product and I like everything I read, company and product wise.
    Whomever mentioned Microbest, I thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    It's an armorer course, of which I have done many. I am paying a lot of money (far more than a typical armorer course) to go over what is essentially public information and if I somehow disseminate that information you're going to sue me? Maybe I deal with a lot more NDAs than most people and because of that, I understand the ramifications.

He did give us propriety handouts with gauging info that he asked us to not share publicly on the internet and I never would do that anyway. If you want that info, talk to me in person or take his class. Knowledge is power but not if you don't know how to use it. There are a lot of people that spew his info that have never taken a class or his class and have no idea what any of it means.

His class has a lot of nuance to it. I think if you were going there as your first armorers class or didn't have a ton of experience you wouldn't really understand what's going on big picture. You would learn a ton, and it would be worth your time, but you would not be able to put the pieces together the way that you would if you had experience and several armorers courses behind you. You would get far more out of how to build/work on guns from Sully, SOLGW, or previous classes from Will.

The big picture is Stoner had a recipe, and I would say there's only a handful of companies that get that. Everybody else is just building Legos (my takeaway, not quoting Chad). Not to say that you can't build amazing rifles without knowing all that but it's helpful. Probably more so for manufacturers than the average joe. There were manufacturers in our class that had no idea.
    So basically hes saying you cant repeat his information because you have to pay for that and let the plebs suffer.
    Maybe ill take a class and record all audio and just hand it out to some green texts.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    You are spot on with the comparison. Buying a BCG from X vendor because the BCG is made in the same factory as Y vendor does not guarantee the same quality.

Buying from a known quality vendor like Bcm, SOLGW, or Sionics does guarantee quality. I imply no negative when I say vendor, they don't manufacture BCGs.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    You are spot on with the comparison. Buying a BCG from X vendor because the BCG is made in the same factory as Y vendor does not guarantee the same quality.

Buying from a known quality vendor like Bcm, SOLGW, or Sionics does guarantee quality. I imply no negative when I say vendor, they don't manufacture BCGs.

Andy
    What specs do you think can be changed on a bolt or carrier that still allows them to be used with every other mil spec bolt or carrier on the market with people swapping parts like they do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

"Best" BCG

Let’s not peddle misinformation. Firestone explorer tires were a Firestone mfg issue, not a Ford or Firestone design issue.

The defective tires came from a single plant and were produced during a specific period of time.

It shouldn’t surprise anyone who has worked for a living that companies source parts from other companies.

Do you honestly think all the parts in your Camaro were made by GM?

You can spec your parts to design and/or you can enforce QC guidelines to only accept parts within a certain tolerance. Those are the two main ways to enforce quality and consistency. Depending on the part, there may be others. BCG’s however, ain’t rocket science.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-25-23 at 10:18.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I stand corrected. My "golden years" memory put me in the trick bag. I'm glad you called me on that.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast