Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $10,000 to invest when market sh!ts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I agree. Even if there is another crash/correction, we're already at a decent buy level. I started trading at the tail end of the last bull run. I'm down a good chunk, but time will fix that... or we'll all get blown off the planet with our nutty leaders. In which case, the market losses won't matter.
    Just hoping me and my portfolio can make it intact to June 30, 2028. Retirement day!
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Damn. You have it down to the day!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Just hoping me and my portfolio can make it intact to June 30, 2028. Retirement day!
    May 1st 2026 for me!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This, once the kids leave the house crank that rascal up to 30%
    The money I had left over every month after my three kids left the house was astounding. I made it clear I wasn't supporting them or paying for college. We're all still friends and they've launched into this world effectively. The best investment advice I can give parents is cut them loose at 18 and stop paying for them. Then take the savings and invest wisely for that last run until you're able to retire.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    The money I had left over every month after my three kids left the house was astounding. I made it clear I wasn't supporting them or paying for college. We're all still friends and they've launched into this world effectively. The best investment advice I can give parents is cut them loose at 18 and stop paying for them. Then take the savings and invest wisely for that last run until you're able to retire.
    I invested all of his child support payments in to a college fund, which was smart, but I stuffed a lot of cash away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    A boring ass S&P 500 index fund is tough to go wrong with. Buy the fund, and forget you own it for about 10 years.
    This is basically my strategy. It is hard to beat the historical gains of the S&P, even if you have a really good advisor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Buy US oil futures.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Buy US oil futures.
    Oil is at $113 per barrel as of this post. I sure hope for our sake you're wildly wrong on that advice!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Gold, silver coins or precious metal etfs should be somewhere in your portfolio.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Oil is at $113 per barrel as of this post. I sure hope for our sake you're wildly wrong on that advice!!
    Here's the thing, the price of oil doesn't effect the price of some oil stocks directly.
    They may have money coming in, but oil exploration will need to continue and right now the money for that is nonexistent. Right now the Administration has put major blocks on Oil Companies borrowing money, so they can't go to the bank.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast