Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: M4C Motorcycle Club

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    Wearing leathers isn’t fun but helps when greeting the road on impact. In summer heat too. I would also suggest reading one or more of Keith Code’s (or someone reputable who teaches). It’ll help you enjoy riding more; reduce likelihood of some future pain.
    Had gear on, so no road rash. Fell just right for the clavicle to take the brunt - went down shoulder first, but was the equivalent of falling off of a curb.

Funny thing is that although the previous break is stronger because of the healing, the bone on either side is more at risk for breakage not being as built up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I see. Doh!
    Yeah - that didn’t heal as well as it could have. Needed to relearn my two handed grip for handguns (things were off just a bit).

Back to bikes!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Fellow Rider checking in. First rode a bike in 1998 but didn't get my first bike until 2018, believe it or not. Was always interested in Sport bikes until I found the naked bikes and absolutely fell in love with the design and idea behind them.

Been a fan of Triumph since I don't know when, late 90's I guess...and my first bike was a 2012 Street Triple R. I ended up getting hit on it on my way into work one morning. I saw the car at the next intersection, and were sitting there for a solid 30 seconds and didn't turn so it looked like they were going to be going straight after the light turned. We still had the green light and was proceeding through an intersection and a driver turned right as soon as I was in front of them. It seriously couldn't have been more perfect unless it was intentional. I rolled and the bike rolled over me(I actually thought the car in the lane to my left ran me over), before going separate directions and stopping. I had my helmet, gloves, and armored jacket on and was wearing BDU pants and Garmont boots to minimize what I had to carry with me on my way in to work.

I suffered some pretty bad road rash on my left knee and the bike tore up my right shin pretty good too. Something...still not sure what, went THROUGH my armored jacket and tore out a chunk of flesh and poked a hole in my left forearm. Small bits of black stuck in my flesh(not gravel), with matching melted marks on my jacket suppose my arm touched the engine and it was melted lining in my arm. Some bruises and tons of aches to accompany it. Overall, not bad and I stand by that if I was not wearing my jacket, I would have lost my arm.

So, after about a year of healing and a deployment later, I picked up a 2017 MT-07 that was beautifully customized and sounded amazing with its full akropovic exhaust. It was a great ride and I really feel the only thing I didn't like was that "cheaper" suspension. Not gonna lie, some underlying PTS crept its head out after I started riding again almost got me to stop completely. Anyone else who's been hit or crashed, how long did it take to become comfortable again, or how hard was it for you to get back on and ride?

My heart and ears missed that Triumph Triple engine whistle though, and in 2020 I traded it in for a 2020 Street Triple RS and still have it today. I absolutely love it and have 4500 miles on it. It is pretty much my daily rider for work. It feels pretty aggressive riding position though and I tire/get sore faster on it than I did the MT-07. I'm actually leaning towards replacing it with a more cruiser I think with my aging aches and pains. I think I have pics of all three bikes on my phone, I'll edit this post with them later.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    Had gear on, so no road rash. Fell just right for the clavicle to take the brunt - went down shoulder first, but was the equivalent of falling off of a curb.

Funny thing is that although the previous break is stronger because of the healing, the bone on either side is more at risk for breakage not being as built up.

Got it. I don’t know what gear you like, but if you get a chance give Dainese a look. Their armor, both inner and swappable sliders, work—for the drops/slides. Expensive, but well worth it. Ride safe!
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    Fellow Rider checking in. First rode a bike in 1998 but didn't get my first bike until 2018, believe it or not. Was always interested in Sport bikes until I found the naked bikes and absolutely fell in love with the design and idea behind them.

Been a fan of Triumph since I don't know when, late 90's I guess...and my first bike was a 2012 Street Triple R. I ended up getting hit on it on my way into work one morning. I saw the car at the next intersection, and were sitting there for a solid 30 seconds and didn't turn so it looked like they were going to be going straight after the light turned. We still had the green light and was proceeding through an intersection and a driver turned right as soon as I was in front of them. It seriously couldn't have been more perfect unless it was intentional. I rolled and the bike rolled over me(I actually thought the car in the lane to my left ran me over), before going separate directions and stopping. I had my helmet, gloves, and armored jacket on and was wearing BDU pants and Garmont boots to minimize what I had to carry with me on my way in to work.

I suffered some pretty bad road rash on my left knee and the bike tore up my right shin pretty good too. Something...still not sure what, went THROUGH my armored jacket and tore out a chunk of flesh and poked a hole in my left forearm. Small bits of black stuck in my flesh(not gravel), with matching melted marks on my jacket suppose my arm touched the engine and it was melted lining in my arm. Some bruises and tons of aches to accompany it. Overall, not bad and I stand by that if I was not wearing my jacket, I would have lost my arm.

So, after about a year of healing and a deployment later, I picked up a 2017 MT-07 that was beautifully customized and sounded amazing with its full akropovic exhaust. It was a great ride and I really feel the only thing I didn't like was that "cheaper" suspension. Not gonna lie, some underlying PTS crept its head out after I started riding again almost got me to stop completely. Anyone else who's been hit or crashed, how long did it take to become comfortable again, or how hard was it for you to get back on and ride?

My heart and ears missed that Triumph Triple engine whistle though, and in 2020 I traded it in for a 2020 Street Triple RS and still have it today. I absolutely love it and have 4500 miles on it. It is pretty much my daily rider for work. It feels pretty aggressive riding position though and I tire/get sore faster on it than I did the MT-07. I'm actually leaning towards replacing it with a more cruiser I think with my aging aches and pains. I think I have pics of all three bikes on my phone, I'll edit this post with them later.
    Only you can tell if you’re ready to ride again. I know I was super nervous the first few hours back in the saddle. I made sure to take it easy, with as little traffic as I could (well after drive time, and a nice long road without cross traffic).

If you’re going to ride though, ride what you want to. Life’s too short to pine for a different bike!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I’m a weekend only rider, and I am past my riding prime, but, nothing feels more alive than aggressive sharp twists and turns.

I love going on rides, think, and enjoy feeling connected to everything around me. Feeling the road under my bike, focused and movie like scenery, hearing my engine thru the helmet, and being able to steer with my knees. Everything, every movement counts. And the throttle, it’s addictive. I love being with my family, but this ride time is very special.

Last year I swapped my Ducat SuperSport 950 for a new Ducati Panigale V4 S w/full race exhaust . I spent lots of time working on it during our long dark winter. Almost time again. I finished break-in and a bit last year. So, some rides to get tuned to my guy, oil change, and then some flying about.
    I own one myself. It will pass everything on the road except a gas station. I guess fuel economy isn't a feature in a +200 HP 1103cc V4 engine.

Before winter projects.

After winter projects. Full Akrapovic exhaust, Ducati/Rizoma adjustable rearsets, correct shock spring and fork springs for my weight to get the sag correct. Removed the rear cylinder heat shield to get some more air moving.

Make sure your service guy doesn't overfill the oil.
    Last edited by bp7178; 03-28-22 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I own one myself. It will pass everything on the road except a gas station. I guess fuel economy isn't a feature in a +200 HP 1103cc V4 engine.

Before winter projects.

After winter projects. Full Akrapovic exhaust, Ducati/Rizoma adjustable rearsets, correct shock spring and fork springs for my weight to get the sag correct. Removed the rear cylinder heat shield to get some more air moving.

Check on the oil - thanks!

You've done a kick ass job; outstanding function and look. You'll love the full Akrapovic when you open up. I'll steal your idea to get more air moving. Very well done!

I find the various punk mobiles that try to race cute; some of the nicer cars fun. I know it's childish, but it still makes me grin.
    Last edited by Dan_B; 03-28-22 at 19:51. Reason: typo
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Before winter projects.

Very nice! An Italian bike always makes me smile. From the look of the pics you need to work on the chicken strips (just teasing man - and forgive me if I'm wrong due to a bad pic angle).
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 03-28-22 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Very nice! An Italian bike always makes me smile. From the look of the pics you need to work on the chicken strips (just teasing man - and forgive me if I'm wrong due to a bad pic angle).
    For sure it has strips. Its only been on the street and has maybe 900 miles. Now that I got the suspension sorted I'll work on the knee down antics.

Check on the oil - thanks!

You've done a kick ass job; outstanding function and look. You'll love the full Akrapovic when you open up. I'll steal your idea to get more air moving. Very well done!

I find the various punk mobiles that try to race cute; some of the nicer cars fun. I know it's childish, but it still makes me grin.
    Installing the Akrapovic exhaust was quite the chore but I'm glad I did it. I discovered the front left cylinder had a bit of an exhaust leak from the factory.

After the first service, which I only paid the dealer to do for warranty/re-sale reasons, I had a problem where the quickshifter would intermittently not work on down shifts. After the dealer failed to resolve it, I ended up buying a diagnostic tool and fixing it myself.

The Akrapovic exhaust sounds amazing but it super loud without the baffles if you don't ride with ear plugs.

After the first service, exhaust install.

Last edited by bp7178; 03-29-22 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    Installing the Akrapovic exhaust was quite the chore but I'm glad I did it. I discovered the front left cylinder had a bit of an exhaust leak from the factory.

After the first service, which I only paid the dealer to do for warranty/re-sale reasons, I had a problem where the quickshifter would intermittently not work on down shifts. After the dealer failed to resolve it, I ended up buying a diagnostic tool and fixing it myself.

The Akrapovic exhaust sounds amazing but it super loud without the baffles if you don't ride with ear plugs.

After the first service, exhaust install.

Interesting view of internals and far beyond my skills; I depend on my dealer. Very impressive skills to disassemble, modify, and assemble back to perfection.

I have heard of the quick shift problem, but haven’t experienced it.

The pipes are loud in town; no problems on open roads. I like it, but only on this bike.
    Last edited by Dan_B; 03-29-22 at 08:47. Reason: Typo
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast