Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: M4C Motorcycle Club

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    Interesting view of internals and far beyond my skills; I depend on my dealer. Very impressive skills to disassemble, modify, and assemble back to perfection.

I have heard of the quick shift problem, but haven’t experienced it.

The pipes are loud in town; no problems on open roads. I like it, but only on this bike.
    Thank you much. It looked even worse when the forks were out.

I always take pictures of everything. I bought it when there was still ice and snow on the ground and trailered it to the house. I took all of the fairings off and took pictures of everything. It helps having that reference. Especially when you unexpectedly have to wait on Italian parts which always seem to be two weeks away.

Feedback Score
    I will make a large print of your disassembled bike for the Ducati bay. Awesome work!

A few minor suggestions: The Ducati V4 carbon tank cover with Rizoma gas tank cap are nice (Important: keep a spare key under the seat); the ‘comfort seat’ made a big difference in body position and relative comfort. The extra pads helped me stop sliding when leaning/accelerating hard. I think you have the Rizoma foot pegs. Happy flying!
    Last edited by Dan_B; 04-11-22 at 15:46.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    Some nice bikes here, I was looking at the old Tacos.. I would never ride alongside with the drivers nowadays. Stay safe

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I will make a large print of your disassembled bike for the Ducati bay. Awesome work!

A few minor suggestions: The Ducati V4 carbon tank cover with Rizoma gas tank cap are nice (Important: keep a spare key under the seat); the ‘comfort seat’ made a big difference in body position and relative comfort. The extra pads helped me stop sliding when leaning/accelerating hard. I think you have the Rizoma foot pegs. Happy flying!
    I have some PPF on the tank and sides where I'd contact it to protect the paint. Its the 3M stuff, I forget the name. For grip, I'm likely going to an extended tank cover. Its wider and taller in the back to allow you to grip it better. On the 2022+ bikes they did a lesser version where its a bit wider and taller. The cover I want to get is more like the old 1098 tanks.

With leathers on the stock seat is super slippery. First time I had my track leathers and hit the brakes while on a downhill stop leaving my subdivision I slid forward and the goods hit the tank.

https://www.flamingocorse.it/en/prod...iberglass.html

Ultimately I want to make it more of a track bike and when I have long weekend take a road trip and use it for track courses.

Feedback Score
    That’s an awesome plan. The new seat works pretty well, but doesn’t eliminate unpleasantness. If you remember when you’re done upgrading, drop a post with some pics.

Good luck and good times on the track!
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    Been riding since the 70s (actually the 60s if ya count minibikes). Dirt and street... too many to list. This was my favorite. 1978 Z1R. Was at the Charlotte Motor Speedway when a guy walked by and asked if I minded if he take a picture. We got to talking and he said he'd mail a pic to me. Painted by my best friend who died not long after. I had an entire extra set painted black with stripe colors to mimic the Z1R turbocharged model. I eventually sold the bike. Wish I had my best friend and the bike back.

I think the 70s was among the best times for motorcycles. Everything was new and changing... bigger, better, faster was in hyperdrive among manufactures.

This is my current ride. 2006 Vulcan 1500. Heavy and slow... like me.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

I finally got a track day in and got some heat into the tires.

I did end up installing the rubber tank grips after removing the PPF on the sides of the tank. The PPF is pretty slippery with leathers on. I'm going to look into a new seat too.

I also later discovered something about the Rizoma rearsets. There's a grub screw threaded into the pivot pin. If you remove it and thread it into the hole next to the pivot pin, the footpegs will then be fixed, which is better for track riding as they offer more protection in the event of a low side. I also safety wired the rear brake foot lever to prevent it from spinning.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Got back on the saddle about 3 years go - midlife crisis i guess.
    Like all my ex-Triumph Aventurer WEB.jpggirlfriends.....Turns heads, high maintenance and always a temper, unreliable as F#*$k, makes no sense whatsoever, but when she wants to go its a hot ride about as much fun one can legally have.....
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I finally got a track day in and got some heat into the tires.

I did end up installing the rubber tank grips after removing the PPF on the sides of the tank. The PPF is pretty slippery with leathers on. I'm going to look into a new seat too.

I also later discovered something about the Rizoma rearsets. There's a grub screw threaded into the pivot pin. If you remove it and thread it into the hole next to the pivot pin, the footpegs will then be fixed, which is better for track riding as they offer more protection in the event of a low side. I also safety wired the rear brake foot lever to prevent it from spinning.

Very cool and productive track day! I’m going to copy your foot pegs trick, but I doubt I’ll get to test it for a while. Beautiful pics!
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Very cool and productive track day! I’m going to copy your foot pegs trick, but I doubt I’ll get to test it for a while. Beautiful pics!
    If you're talking about the pivot, I'd leave them folding for street use. Less likely to get broken in a low speed tip over. On the track you're more at risk for a low side so I'd opt for the protection of fixed pegs.

The brake lever...first time I tried it and the rubber spinned on the shaft, my foot went right off the peg since I had flat riding shoes on with no heel. It doesn't spin any more though.

I replaced my grips too. The left one just felt loose. I don't know if maybe it spun around at one point, but it wasn't lined up with the right. They opened a new Cycle World near me and they just happened to have 717 grips in stock in titanium and black. Safety wired them too.

Last edited by bp7178; 08-17-22 at 19:31.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast