Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smh @ some of you...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you won’t listen to all the suggestions to avoid it, then why start the thread in the first place.

They look nice, but that doesn’t make them nice 1911s.

Feedback Score
    I'm one day late to this thread and missed just about everything
    If the thread was to talk the OP out of buying a Kimber "Black Ice":
    https://www.kimberamerica.com/rapide-black-ice
    then go ahead. The cosmetics are not to my liking, but apparently appeal to others.

I really don't care what folks buy. I suspect many folks won't shoot them enough to even experience problems, and those who may experience problems in a class may either have not shot them enough to work out any bugs, or shot them so much things were starting to break. I'd suspect the first situation of not shooting them enough.

Kimber's frames and slides are generally good, along with its barrel. Everything else could be replaced as needed, and the OP may never need to replace anything. Just because some internal part is made via MIM, doesn't mean that part will (ever) need replacement by the OP.

I've got had ~a dozen 1911s over the years and three were Kimbers. All 3 Kimbers I owned needed some extra work or repair, but so did my other 1911s.

I still have one Kimber 1911 (a Kimber SIS Custom, discontinued). I'm down to (only) four 1911s now.

Just buy the Kimber, or any other brand & model, then come back to the forum to tell us about how the gun is and what use it's gone through. I mean, some folks shoot 100 rounds through their gun and come back stating how great it is. Others won't post until 5,000 rounds, at least, have been fired, and tell us a recoil spring was replaced at 3,000 rounds, and the new owner is now comfortable and happy with whatever new gun.

I'd rather see the next thread with a good review on this Kimber instead of coming here just to argue with folks after asking for opinions.
    Last edited by L-2; 03-30-22 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My precision IL is validated once more. I wish IG were still with us, he swung the BAN hammer swiftly and with great force.

Kimbers are hot garbage and suit you perfectly, now go buy one and stop aruging with people answering the question YOU asked.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-22-22 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    It's kind of like a guy that buys some AR because his buddy told him it was just as good as anything else. Then he comes on the internet or goes to a gunshop or show and loudly proclaims his weapons perfection. It's been perfect he proclaims to anybody that will listen. He's owned it three years! But the reality is that for twice a year dirt clog banging sessions it has been, perfect. I've seen too many Kimbers go down at various classes over the years for me to ever own one. FWIW I've also seen many other 1911's go down but Kimber certainly seemed to lead the pack. It's your money you should buy what you want.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The right question was asked recently, and there are plenty of responses from folks with Kimber experience:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Kimber-1911-s

Andy

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Dude, you’re an askhole. Just buy the goddamn gun. There is nothing that could be said to you that would change your mind. You didn’t come here to get answers, you came for validation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Big facts. Where’s the like button?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalSpeed View Post
    Again, please substantiate. It's easy to say XYZ item is bad, but harder to actually prove it. Please share your experiences with your Kimber 1911s
    You’ll find a lot of people don’t have personal experience because kimber sucks and we didn’t waste money on them.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing there will be a highpriced kimber in the market place pretty soon.

Feedback Score
    And I was going to stage a couple of nice DWs, and a used NHC for him

Quality lasts and makes holes on demand.
    Last edited by Dan_B; 03-25-22 at 19:32.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I'm guessing there will be a highpriced kimber in the market place pretty soon.
    Yep……….Good call.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This thread is hilarious.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast