Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Sig P322 .22 rimfire -- 20+1rd capacity

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Hearing that it’s compact gives me nightmare flashbacks to the Mosquito. That was one of the worst guns I’ve ever owned. I was even going to post it in the thread of worst guns ever owned. I’ll be waiting for some reviews…
    I have 300 rounds down, no issues. I am loading mags fully and no jams.

This is larger than a Mosquito but smaller than a P320

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shoot an indoor match on Wed nights, many folks are shooting .22. It all started when the ammo thing got crazy but now all these guys have pretty nice .22 pistols. I dont even know the guns and even buying the best available, reliability is always in question. I stock piled 18 bazillion rounds so maybe one day I'll buy one but doubt it because I have great .22 long guns and rarely shoot them. I'm trying to learn to not buy guns I won't shoot.

I hope its a great gun for those buying and I will watch with interest.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Rimfire ammunition itself isn’t bet your life reliable.
    Is that true even of match grade ammunition? Ignition, not terminal performance.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Is that true even of match grade ammunition? Ignition, not terminal performance.
    Terminal performance aside, even the best is prone to misfire. It’s just not that reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I agree that rimfire ignition is inherently less reliable due primer compound not getting fully around the rim. That said, I've shot tens of thousands of CCI SV in my pistols and rifles without failure.

As far as the Sig... lot's of centerfire manufactures are offering rimfire understudies. Just a "fun gun"? No thanks. I'll stick with Ruger.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-01-22 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    What I don’t like about my Ruger is ten rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Someone needs to chamber (Ruger, Beretta perhaps) a dang medium or standard sized pistol set up for optics and threaded barrel in .25 acp!

The frame doesn't have to change, but many other parts will.

It's so much easier to get a .25 acp (actually, most anything) to run more reliably than a .22. That's why J.M. Browning invented it for crying out loud.

Centerfire, shorter, FMJ or JHP (JACKETED!) ammo, and, and, RELOADABLE! No more bare lead bullets clogging up your can.

Yes it costs more than .22, but guys who shoot through cans tend not to shoot much anyway.

All .25 is subsonic. Even the 35 gr JHP's that do 1000 fps from a two inch barrel will probably stay sub in a longer pistol barrel. Especially when YOU can load them with whatever bullet and powder of your choosing.

Piss on .22 LR. 19th century rimfire heeled-bullet ancient cartridge doesn't belong in semi-auto guns.

A suppressed pistol like what I describe would certainly get me to buy a can.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-02-22 at 06:52.

Feedback Score
    22LR pistol from SIG has a stainless steel frame, a polymer grip and an aluminum slide. But the highlights don't stop here: the new P322 boast a whopping and unprecedented 21-round capacity (20-round magazine + 1 in chamber).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I guess I just don't blast away with that much 22LR. I load up 8-10 Mags for my Ruger MKIIs, Beretta 87, G44, or what not. Shoot them at the range and then shoot something else. "OOOOH, 20 rounds" just doesn't impress me because after about 100rds I'm done anyway.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anglina View Post
    22LR pistol from SIG has a stainless steel frame, a polymer grip and an aluminum slide. But the highlights don't stop here: the new P322 boast a whopping and unprecedented 21-round capacity (20-round magazine + 1 in chamber).
    Hello Fren, you from NH??? LMFAO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast