Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for cold weather gloves?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Recommendation for cold weather gloves?

Intended use is hiking in local mountains and points further north in cold winter conditions. Hunting maybe, but not too likely. Something for general outdoor use which I could also use in town in harsh winter weather.

Any favorites you’d care to share? Thanking you in advance for any suggestions …

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can’t go wrong with a good pair of wool gloves. Wool will keep you warm even if they get wet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    You can’t go wrong with a good pair of wool gloves. Wool will keep you warm even if they get wet.
    Thank you my friend, I appreciate the reply very much.

I do have some wool gloves that were labeled “inserts” for USMC gloves, but I use them as gloves in the cold. Not sure they will hold up well trekking through the mountains or seeing hard use. Or maybe they will?

I wish I could find the Marine Corps gloves for which these are inserts, but I’m not sure what to look for …

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Outdoor Research, hands down, makes the best cold weather gloves that I've ever used. They're all that I use these days when hunting, skiing, and working in the mountains in cold weather. I'm especially partial to their lobster mitts (heavy, separate index and thumb, other three fingers enclosed) when the temp really drops.

Im a fan of wool in general and while it does insulate when wet, it also gets heavy and icy/slippery when wet.
    Last edited by gunnerblue; 03-23-22 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I like the military intermediate gloves like these: https://colemans.com/u-s-g-i-interme...-leather-glove

Leather gloves and wool liners never seemed that warm to me, even at Ft Lewis where it doesn't get very cold.

If its really frigid, mittens are pretty much the only answer. I try to wear light gloves with the mittens because it seems like I always have to take off the mittens to manipulate something thats cold AF.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Im a fan of wool in general and while it does insulate when wet, it also gets heavy and icy/slippery when wet.
    Use Shoe Goo, silicone caulk, or anything else grabby to add gripper dots to it.

You may have more artistic talent than me, but if not the results will at least add function while(depending on goo color) looking like you sneezed or wiped with the gloves.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Proven gear in the harshest conditions and made in the USA. Take your pick according to your specifications.

https://www.wiggys.com/clothing-outerwear/mittens/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My favorites

Black Diamond Lightweight Softshell and Heavyweight Waterproof
    Beyond Clothing GuideLite
    Outdoor Research Extravert

OR has a bunch of 2021 winter gear on blow-out right now, some gloves at 70% off. Good time to stock up: https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/sale
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Is anyone aware of a truly waterproof light weight glove?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    The Outdoor Research Posedion gloves are pretty waterproof IMO.

Found some "Swiss Tech" black gloves on clearance at Walmart a year or two back that were only about $15. and have done pretty well. Have a liner so in warmer weather they suck.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast