Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mossberg is trying to give the Beretta 1301 a run for it's money.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The shotgun snobs are right, this is a POS, JM and TFB know nothing about shotguns, Mossberg even recommends you clean this thing every 'shudder' 1,500 rounds.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-25-22 at 08:12.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had a 930 that needed a few mods to run right but I eventually traded up to a 1301. It seems to me that the 940 comes with those same mods out of the box, so I have high hopes for the 940. The 930 was heavier than the 1301 but the action also cycled slower and with less felt recoil. I’d expect the 940 to feel similar since it’s an upgraded 930.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Mossberg is trying to give the Beretta 1301 a run for it's money.

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Beretta > Mossberg by a very wide margin.
    I agree. Mossberg makes good shotguns, but Beretta shotguns are of higher quality.
    Last edited by 202; 03-25-22 at 09:01.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I say it because it is true and quite widely known in shotgun circles.

It may indeed be a hit, for the budget conscious. Beretta makes higher quality, more reliable shotguns across the board. There is a reason when asking a shotgun person for a recommendation, they will usually tell you to stick to the "B-guns."
    In our Skeet/Trap club most of what you would see are Beretta and Browning shotguns, with thousands of rounds through them (100s of rounds on any given Saturday and Sunday session).
    Last edited by 202; 03-25-22 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    In our Skeet/Trap club most of what you would see are Beretta and Browning shotguns, with thousands of rounds through them (100s of rounds on any given Saturday and Sunday session).
    Yep, coincides with my significant experience as well. Benelli is the other B but less so for range work than field work.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-25-22 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    The shotgun snobs are right, this is a POS, JM and TFB know nothing about shotguns, Mossberg even recommends you clean this thing every 'shudder' 1,500 rounds.
    Believe TFB over people with years of real experience at your own risk.

I’ll just leave it there.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Believe TFB over people with years of real experience at your own risk.

I’ll just leave it there.
    In a bubble maybe. Mossberg is the number one selling shotgun in the United States. I think you are comparing colt to noveske. The majority of guns beretta makes are way above Mossberg. This gun was specifically made to compete against the 1301 and we will see what it can do.

Im in Northern Va and at our club people have berettas but by no means I would say they are dominant for trap and skeet. In a duck blind or in the field in MD, VA, SC, IL, KY, IN, IA, SD they are rare. You are starting to see more Xtremas in the last 5 years or so but by no means dominant.

No doubt that the 1301 is an excellent HD gun and 3 gun shotgun and they make excellent guns but your view that beretta dominates the overall shotgun market is laughable.
    nawai

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12