Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 320, specifically M17, GTG?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Sig 320, specifically M17, GTG?

Hey guys it’s about time I added a 320 MK 18 to my pistol collection since I like to play with military pistols.
    I had a few 320s when they first came out and they were not reliable so I have sort of ignored them for the last five years. Anybody out there with real experience shooting these things regularly? Did they iron out a sufficient number of bugs where I can shoot these things without driving myself batty ? I really don’t need to know whether it’s better than a Glock or an HK or anything like that I just wanna know if the gun is basically sound at this point.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I bought two early P320s that didn’t run. They were under-sprung. I got rid of them.

I’ve since revisited since, and the new P320s I’ve run have been reliable. I have about 5,000 rounds on one with no malfunctions.

A friend of mine has been running an M18 very hard. I’d buy one today if the LCI was gone and the safety was deleted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was not an early adopter, so not sure what issues were other than the drop.

Mine runs 100%, ran it plain-jane for awhile, and then made it my every day ranch carry gun.
    Attachment 67629
    Last edited by Renegade; 03-26-22 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm gonna leave this link here. Download the main document and have a read. Sig 320's experiencing uncommanded firings. No, it's not the same issue as the drop issue.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket...sig-sauer-inc/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got a bit of experience with P320s, so I'll weigh in. My girlfriend (now wife) bought a P320C in 2017 and carried it for several years before she got a Kimber. We never had any problems with it; I was impressed by how well it shot, felt, and how reliable it was. Ended up getting a Sig P320-M17 myself, and have had it for a bit over two years now. No issues at all. The first weekend with it was ~750ish rounds without a hiccup, no cleaning. Since then, the only issue I can recall was a single light strike or bad primer on around. Otherwise, it works great. I'm not the greatest Pistolero ever, but I'd say the gun is solid. I like it enough that it has finally replaced my 1911 as my normal carry gun, and became my testbed for pistol-mounted red dots.

Picture because the rulez of the interwebz demand it.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Alright, y’all convinced me. I have one on layaway.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Alright, y’all convinced me. I have one on layaway.
    I had one a couple years ago, the compact version. Shot it in day 1 of the very last Hackathorn class. Ran perfectly. I can't remember if you were in that class or not (2018).

Are you still taking my APX Centurion? don't blow all your money on that Sig LOL.

Layaway? here's one in Newnan:

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...-p320.2763143/

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I bought two early P320s that didn’t run. They were under-sprung. I got rid of them.

I’ve since revisited since, and the new P320s I’ve run have been reliable. I have about 5,000 rounds on one with no malfunctions.

A friend of mine has been running an M18 very hard. I’d buy one today if the LCI was gone and the safety was deleted.

You can get the safety delete pin, what I did to mine:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jackal556; 03-29-22 at 22:16.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, didn’t realize that was a thing with them.

A place where you will see trees, grass, water.
    Feedback Score
    Just remember that you will needna non-safety grip module after you do the safety delete pin as the pin will be exposed and could walk out under recoil. The grip module prevents it from doing that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast