Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trigger for my Bolt gun ??

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

New Trigger for my Bolt gun ??

I used to always put Timneys in my bolt guns when building them, and have been happy. But the last few guns I bought had great triggers. I bought a Bergara LRP that has a trigger tech and its nice. But I also bought a lower end Bergara that has "Bergara Trigger". Not horrible but is noticeable.

So, if your buying a new trigger, what would it be? Gracias amigos!!!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Timney’s gonna be hard to beat, but I’m not up to date with “latest/greatest” PB.
    Like your Bergarra’s my couple of Tikka’s had good triggers after changing a spring.

My old school 700’s had Timneys.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Timney’s gonna be hard to beat, but I’m not up to date with “latest/greatest” PB.
    Like your Bergarra’s my couple of Tikka’s had good triggers after changing a spring.

My old school 700’s had Timneys.
    Rem700 = Timney, 100%. Back in the day when it cost $2,500 to get a decent bolt gun up and running. You would buy a Rem 700 and be left with only an action when done.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Triggertech diamond. Best trigger I have ever used hands down. Have one on my 6.5 and it is just a perfect trigger.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Rem700 = Timney, 100%. Back in the day when it cost $2,500 to get a decent bolt gun up and running. You would buy a Rem 700 and be left with only an action when done.

PB
    Like competition 1911’s in the day; we’d use slide and frame, a few small parts- and replace everything else.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I put a 2 stage Geissele Super 700 in my Bergara B14 HMR. I like it a lot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The only bolt gun triggers I’ve bought are Timneys, to replace X-Mark Pros and a pre-AccuTrigger.

I may be in the same situation as you soon. I’m considering getting a Bergara Hunter, and am curious if the triggers are as good as the HMRs. I need to directly compare the HMR to a Timney.
    Last edited by grizzman; 03-29-22 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know if Jewell makes one for the B, but they are still my favorite from using back in my 6ppc BR days...trying my first Triggertech on a recent Vudoo purchase but need more time behind it & it's nice so far.

Have a Timney Calvin Elite on a model 7 & it's a fine trigger as well...I just prefer the skinny shoe on the Jewells.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Grizz, my gun is an HMR, not a bad trigger if you don't run better ones on side by side guns.

PB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Grizz, my gun is an HMR, not a bad trigger if you don't run better ones on side by side guns.

PB
    That’s exactly why I haven’t directly compared the HMR to a Timney before….I’d probably end up upgrading the HMRs.

I haven’t measured it since it was new, and it doesn’t seem to have lightened up much, if any. I’ll measure it within the next couple days. I think it was around 4 lbs when new, but that’s not much more than my Timneys.
    Last edited by grizzman; 03-29-22 at 17:15.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast