Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more Black 1301s?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy25 View Post
    Our issue 1301s are all FDE.
    Good for you guys. Nothing wrong with it I say.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy25 View Post
    Our issue 1301s are all FDE.
    That’s awesome but some departments are strict on the only black for guns and gear uniform policy.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    A lot of shit has changed since I started this thread less than a year ago...as mentioned the mag change Beretta made, LTT no longer uses Aridus products, now uses GG&G Aridus knock-offs and Black is back.
    That's a shame.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    That's a shame.
    No shortage of drama in the gun world. Personally, I get both sides.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What is the most desired 1301 these days? If you were buying one today, which model and features are the best?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What is the most desired 1301 these days? If you were buying one today, which model and features are the best?

PB
    I would think any model with a gen 2 bolt release would be good to go. I bought a stock model, back when they were only five shot, added a Nordic Comp magazine tube extension, and then made it look like a rolling Aridus ad. Note that mine has interchangeable chokes, but I don't think the newer ones do any more.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I would think any model with a gen 2 bolt release would be good to go. I bought a stock model, back when they were only five shot, added a Nordic Comp magazine tube extension, and then made it look like a rolling Aridus ad. Note that mine has interchangeable chokes, but I don't think the newer ones do any more.
    Agreed that you want a Gen 2 model, and definitely decide if you want chokes or not before you buy. I have the Gen 2 1301 Tactical LE, (the one that comes with the Mesa pistol grip stock), and it does not take chokes. But i haven't found that to be an issue as it groups well with the Federal LE flight control 00 buck and slugs i have stockpiled.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That Flight control ammo is remarkable. Make any gun impressive YMMV

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    That Flight control ammo is remarkable. Make any gun impressive YMMV
    Everyone always talks about how awesome the Federal Flite Control is, and it really is, but the one you never hear about is the Hornady TAP with their Versatite wad. I shot both types back to back in a shotgun class a couple of months ago and you couldn't tell the difference between the two. From 10 yards and in it looked like I was shooting slugs.
    Last edited by SteveL; 01-16-23 at 20:32.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Everyone always talks about how awesome the Federal Flite Control, and it is, but the one you never hear about is the Hornady TAP with their Versatite wad. I shot both types back to back in a shotgun class a couple of months ago and you couldn't tell the difference between the two. From 10 yards and in it looked like I was shooting slugs.
    That is good to know, but not surprising. TAP ammo is generally very nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast