Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a trigger, please...

Feedback Score

Recommend a trigger, please...

When I put together my "precision" rifle (see other threads), I used a BCM lower that came with BCM's "PNT" trigger.

That trigger never bothered me. It's certainly better than some of the awful USGI triggers, but it's a bit grittier and heavier than the triggers in my other ARs — a 2008-vintage trigger by Bill Springfield, and Geissele QMS. (The OEM trigger in my S&W 15-22 is also better.)

Now that I'm using this lower for "precision" shooting, the trigger bugs me.

Before I buy another QMS (or even an ACT), is there some other comparable (<$75) option out there that I should consider?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The recently discussed Centurion trigger is what you want. You'll have to scrape an extra $20 for your budget, but it's worth it. Pappabear just gave me one for my ACOG 14.5, and it's the best value out there.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    This one, right?

https://centurionarms.com/triggers/c...stage-trigger/

I really like a two-stage trigger (my first rifles were an M1 Carbine and an M14-type), and $95 MSRP is do-able...

I have enough into this rifle (nevermind what ammo or reloading components cost) that an extra $20 would be worth it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's it. I can tell you it's a nice step up from the ALG it replaced. The ALG never bugged me until I was shooting magnified optics on paper. The centurion broke in one day. (started with a mild creep)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked up one and like it.
    I have a Ruger two stage that's about the same price and is a bit lighter than the AST.

I have a BCM PNT that has a bit of creep and will most likely get swapped out for a Centurion.
    Last edited by One More Time; 04-01-22 at 15:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The centurion broke in one day. (started with a mild creep)
    Huh?

The Centurion broke? You mean it quit working?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Huh?

The Centurion broke? You mean it quit working?
    No, it needed a bit of breaking in, and MarkM is saying that it took him a day to do so.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yes. I wrote that poorly. It broke in.... in a few rounds of dry and live fire.

Feedback Score
    Well, that's a relief...

I'm afraid this is a stupid question (because it was already asked and vaguely answered in that other thread), but why would I pay $90 for the Centurion version when I can buy Schmid's 2-stage for $60ish?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Well, that's a relief...

I'm afraid this is a stupid question (because it was already asked and vaguely answered in that other thread), but why would I pay $90 for the Centurion version when I can buy Schmid's 2-stage for $60ish?
    Go read the thread on the Centurion trigger. They are not the same.
    Open the pig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast