Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a trigger, please...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ll have to give the Centurion trigger a whirl. Currently I have been a huge fan of Larue’s two stage for $65-85 market pricing. I’ve got several G triggers, RR, and KAC, and the Larue simply rocks, it’s the only product of theirs I see as worth buying over other options

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just ordered another one.
    Two left.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
    Go read the thread on the Centurion trigger. They are not the same.

OK, I get it... Schmid is casting all the basic metal parts, and every company is spec'ing a different finish, geometry, whatever, so they all look alike and use the same parts, but they're not the same.

Now I'm on the fence, looking at either a Larue MBT-2S or the Centurion AST... Either would be $95, OTD.

I can get a Geissele G2S for $134, but spending another $40 on top of "excellent" seems decadent.

Decisions, decisions...

Feedback Score
    ... and I just got out all three of my ARs to confirm what I thought, and I was right...

The Springfield job in my old CMMG and the ALG QMS (or is it an ACT) are both great: No discernable travel at all, just a press and a break like snapping a carrot.

The PNT in the BCM/WOA gun is creepy and gritty... Not bad for shooting fast, but awful at the bench.

For extra grins, I busted out my "Loaded" M1A with it's "NM" trigger, and it's fabulous: A long easy first stage, then a clear "wall," and then it breaks like a glass rod. Really. I used to break glass rods for a living, pulling pipets in a lab. I'm not bullshitting.

When I had the BCM/WOA gun out yesterday with my Savage FCP-SR ("Accu-Trigger"), the comparison was like Roseanne Barr and Giselle Bundchen.

Cast parts make me wary, and I'm a fan of tool steel, and I keep reading reports that the Centurion's first stage is creepy, so I'm about to order the Larue...

(I always thought of Larue stuff as hoity-toity, and I'm happily surprised that the MBT-2S is my price range.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You've read that the Centurion's first stage is creepy.....I'm not sure what that means. The trigger has to move in the first stage for it to function, so what's the difference between the movement being take-up versus the movement being creep? Any trigger movement after the wall is reached is definitely creep, and neither of my Centurions have any creep at all.

The only negative aspect I've found regarding the MBT is the shape of the trigger surface and the squareness of the outer edges. It definitely feels unlike any of my other AR triggers, but not unlike some of my bolt gun triggers. The MBT's reset might be softer than the Centurion's if that's important to you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    OK, I get it... Schmid is casting all the basic metal parts, and every company is spec'ing a different finish, geometry, whatever, so they all look alike and use the same parts, but they're not the same.

Different coatings I can see but different surface finishes or geometry I am not falling for without evidence of such.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Different coatings I can see but different surface finishes or geometry I am not falling for without evidence of such.
    I guess I'm taking the word of the guys who bought both Aero's house-brand Schmid trigger and Centurion's and said they're radically different.

It might be just Kool-Aide, but I'm guessing that Centurion specs a better polish/hone, and maybe different angles on the engagement surfaces, maybe even different spring weights.

Feedback Score
    If this helps anybody else, Charlie's Custom just sent me a discount code, good for $10 for the next week: HJX-098-AB

(Charlie lists the MBT-2S for $95 and has it in stock.)

I already ordered a MBT-2S elsewhere...

Feedback Score
    Geissele SD-C two stage trigger. Quick reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmatt511 View Post
    Geissele SD-C two stage trigger. Quick reset.
    Thanks, but it's 2-1/2x as much as the Larue...

I'll report once the Larue is here (Friday) and installed (maybe this weekend).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast