Hey guys, I'm looking for recommendations on some affordable gear, with budget of somewhere between NcStar crap and all-out, top tier duty grade. The choices and options are endless and I don't know where to begin. First I'll start out by saying I'm just a civilian. I live in a rural area. I'm looking for what I think are two things, but please correct me if I'm wrong. My first want is some kind of belt setup. Something in between a full blown "war belt" and just a basic belt and holster setup. I want to be able to use it for typical range sessions, but also be something that I could incorporate into a SHTF loadout as well. So belt obviously, but also everything else I need to go on the belt. Holster, pistol mag pouch, AR mag pouch, medical, etc. But please remember, I'm looking for a minimalist civilian type setup here. I don't want to go overboard.

Then the second thing I'd like is a plate carrier and anything extra I need to go with that also. I do plan to train with the plate carrier, but probably not every time. I do have a lot of impromptu, hey let's run by the range a shoot a little, type sessions. So ideally, I'd like to be able to keep my "battle belt" with me in my vehicle as my always-have-ready-to-roll piece of gear. But for plate carrier, it can be more toward the budget side of things if possible. One of these things where I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

So those are my two things I'm thinking I want. But please remember, I'm not trying to look like or pretend I'm any kind of "operator" or active duty/veteran/LEO. I know my limitations and I know what situations are best avoided altogether. But I want to have these items of gear and be familiar with them as a "just in case" thing. For guns I'm running a standard 16" AR and for handgun I'm running a Glock 45 with an RMR and TLR7A. Thanks in advance and I'm hoping to soak of as much knowledge as I can . Please try not to overwhelm me and I remember I'm just a civilian looking for a minimalist type loadout.