Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone confirm that a sf df head will work on a pl350 body?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Can anyone confirm that a sf df head will work on a pl350 body?

I'm almost positive it will, as the 18350 is a 3.7v battery. I know the df head has to have a 3.7v to 6v range, because of the ability to run one 18650, or two cr123s.
    I have someone on a modlite group telling me it won't work.
    But, I'm pretty sure he's wrong.
    He's trying to coheres me into getting a hand held body, and buying a whole pl350, lol.
    I'm pretty sure he may be a modlite rep, lol.
    If anyone could chime in, I'm sure someone on here has at least tried this.
    I tried to explain, I just got a plhv2 head for my df, but I would like to utilize the df head...it would make a decent pistol light head.

Feedback Score
    I don't see why not, I run a SureFire DF head on a Modlite 18350 body.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I don't see why not, I run a SureFire DF head on a Modlite 18350 body.
    Thats what I'm saying. This guy is really pushing the idea, it won't. I think he's a rep, trying to get more sales.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only one thing I can think of, that could make it not work, would be thread depth. The df head is longer, I guess it could bottom out on the pl350 body, before the df head makes a solid contact with the battery.....I'm not sure.
    If that is the case....a well placed soldered spring will cure that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Modlite cs already responded to my inquiry, here is the email:

Apr 6, 2022, 12:36 CDT

I was gonna order a pl350 body for my df head. I just put a plhv2 on the df, but really don't want the df head to go to waist. It seems to me the df head would be decent for a pistol light.
    I have a guy telling me it won't work. But I'm pretty sure he's wrong. 18350s have the same running voltage as most 18650s @3.7v. The df head has to be rated from 3.6v to at least 6v due to the ability of running dual fuel.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
    Unless there is some other mystical force at work here, I'm gonna pull the trigger on this, just waiting on your response.

Collin Underdahl (Modlite Systems)
    Apr 6, 2022, 14:46 CDT

Hello Tim,

That is not tested and in theory would work, but I do not recommend doing so. Continue at your own risk, if issues arise from it, I will not be able to warranty.
    Thanks,

Collin Underdahl
    Customer Engagement Director
    collin@modlite.com
    Last edited by camoman; 04-06-22 at 15:38.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I have tries this with mixed results.

One head worked as it should have. The other two I tried had problems.

They would flash at full power and immediately go to a lower output. I am not sure how much the decrease was but it was noticeable. It was enough that I wasn’t comfortable using any of them on an 18350 battery and picked up a PLHv2 head instead.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I have tries this with mixed results.

One head worked as it should have. The other two I tried had problems.

They would flash at full power and immediately go to a lower output. I am not sure how much the decrease was but it was noticeable. It was enough that I wasn’t comfortable using any of them on an 18350 battery and picked up a PLHv2 head instead.
    I wonder if that was a continuity problem, of some sort. I'm gonna at least try it, I wan't the df head utilized.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I wonder if that was a continuity problem, of some sort. I'm gonna at least try it, I wan't the df head utilized.
    Honestly I am not sure It was strange given how one worked and the other two didn't As I said, I ended up just selling the DF and replacing them with Modlites and CD REINs. I am much happier now, the DF head just doesn't have enough Candela for outdoor use.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Honestly I am not sure It was strange given how one worked and the other two didn't As I said, I ended up just selling the DF and replacing them with Modlites and CD REINs. I am much happier now, the DF head just doesn't have enough Candela for outdoor use.
    I put mine my DF on my 1301, seems like a pretty decent match. My rifles have either Modlite or CD lights.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, It's confirmed. The df head works perfectly.
    I really wanted to utilize it, and it looks like I hit the lotto. The df head, in my opinion is perfect for this role.
    I do have high candela lights on all my rifles.

Last edited by camoman; 04-22-22 at 21:41.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast