Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM grip screwdriver size for installation screw.

Feedback Score

BCM grip screwdriver size for installation screw.

I have to install a BCM MOD 3 grip and it comes with a regular flat, slotted screw (not the milspec one) and on its website (and BCM CS didn’t even know - I found out via email with them) I need to know the size of the screwdriver end (not the length). There’s a million different screwdriver sizes on Amazon and don’t want to get the wrong size and not have it fit, or be too small and then strip it. Does anyone know the exact flat head screwdriver size/mode that will install the BCM grip installation screw that comes with the grip? Thanks in advance guys.
    Last edited by Cane55; 04-07-22 at 21:42.
    “You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”- Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Spend $3 on a screw with a hex head. I grew tired of chasing slotted screws in grips quite a long time ago.

GRIP Screws I have in Stock
    Last edited by HKGuns; 04-08-22 at 06:15.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I've used a good amount of incorrect slotted tips over the years and never had a problem. Yeah... too big is worthless, but that's pretty uncommon.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I've used a good amount of incorrect slotted tips over the years and never had a problem. Yeah... too big is worthless, but that's pretty uncommon.
    So what’s the correct size?
    “You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”- Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    Brownells has the correct magna-tip bit that will fit tight into the head of a USGI grip screw. I want to say its a 340 series.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. I figured it out it’s a 5/16” inch flathead at the length of your choosing. I still don’t know why BCM just didn’t stick with the milspec screw. Appreciate all your advice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    Thanks guys. I figured it out it’s a 5/16” inch flathead at the length of your choosing. I still don’t know why BCM just didn’t stick with the milspec screw. Appreciate all your advice.
    their screw is the milspec one. Same as colt, ect.. Schmid provides them with their LPK parts or you can get them from mcmaster-carr.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    their screw is the milspec one. Same as colt, ect.. Schmid provides them with their LPK parts or you can get them from mcmaster-carr.
    With their gunfighter MOD 3 grips it’s a flat head screwdriver kind, not the cap screw kind. I just bought the grip alone, not one of their LPK’s. But even still, I don’t know why they still wouldn’t use the 3/16 one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Spend $3 on a screw with a hex head. I grew tired of chasing slotted screws in grips quite a long time ago.
    That’s a great point. I wish they just included them to begin with, so much easier.

Feedback Score
    The Stanley FatMax 5/16 flathead is perfect for grip screws.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast