Thread: Front sight problems

Feedback Score

Front sight problems

Hello all
    I have a Colt 11.5 heavy barrel with fsb front sight. I took off the front sight and shaved it so I could get a rail to put on it. Until I do, I picked up another fsb and was putting it on and the pin holes don’t match up perfectly. Now I’ve heard that the pi’s holes are drilled for each barrel as they are installed. I was going to use it with the fsb until I could get a good rail but now I don’t know. I don’t want to drill the barrel. Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by randy View Post
    Hello all
    I have a Colt 11.5 heavy barrel with fsb front sight. I took off the front sight and shaved it so I could get a rail to put on it. Until I do, I picked up another fsb and was putting it on and the pin holes don’t match up perfectly. Now I’ve heard that the pi’s holes are drilled for each barrel as they are installed. I was going to use it with the fsb until I could get a good rail but now I don’t know. I don’t want to drill the barrel. Any ideas?
    Clamp on or set screw FSB (which means you would have to buy another FSB) or drill and tap your current FSB and use set screws https://acatholicmechanic.blogspot.c...stall.html?m=1

I would not try to drill and install pins for your second FSB.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-09-22 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Either get one that clamps on or uses set screws. The best move would be just get the handguard you want now and stop chasing solutions. You kinda put the cart before the horse.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't drill the barrel, drill the FSB.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Thanks y’all
    Guess I’ll get a rail then
    The rifle I got is a 6920, then.sent in form one. Picked up a Wilson Combat upper and put on the Colt 11.5 heavy barrel. Probably get the Wilson Combat rail or Phase 5. Both cost about the same. Thanks for y’all’s help.
    Last edited by randy; 04-09-22 at 13:46.

Feedback Score
    Send me a PM
    Last edited by LoboTBL; 04-09-22 at 19:52.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson